Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Chronograph

Status
Not open for further replies.

royster

Tyme Machine
As I continue to morph my collection upward, I picked this one out of the post-Thanksgiving pumpkin patch. I have always wanted the Planet Ocean Chronograph in orange and I found an offer that blew me away... literally an offer I could not refuse (and it got better)! Purchased used as this is the last discontinued model, not current, with box, papers and a few known blemishes (mainly on the bezel insert at 12:00) and links to fit a 7.25" wrist. Well it arrived exactly as described with no surprises, if not better. What really blew me away, and unknown to me at purchase, was an included receipt for a full servicing, new crystal, and handset from the Omega Service Center dated 2/12/2017! BTW, this was from an online pawn shop so I really did not expect that added piece of gold. Over time, I may pick up a replacement bezel and a couple extra links, but it is quite nice "out of the used box" with it's couple of battle scars on the bezel! I think this may be Omega's largest (by shear mass) watch at 45.5 (46mm) and a thick 22mm bracelet. It weighs a lot and is solid as a rock. This model has the Caliber 3313 automatic chronograph movement built on an F. Piguet base caliber with added column wheel chronograph, coaxial escapement, and free sprung balance. This one is the C variant (newest) which is the most refined and considered the most robust of the 3 iterations over time. It has 37 jewels, a 52 hour power reserve and is a COSC certified chronometer. I also like the 3 register setup of this model vs. the newest bicompax layout. The fit, finish and operation is exactly as expected from Omega, practically flawless. So I took a chance buying from a pawn shop by pictures only and what I got was better than I expected. The risk led to quite a reward.... this time. Here are some pictures.

Some stills:

In the hand:

On the wrist:

Lume:

Thanks for looking!

What a great color :up: Congratulations Roy!!

Onward and Upward... that is a great find and no need to service, awesome piece congrats!

:outstand:Very sharp indeed, Roy! A big congratulations!:up::applaud:

Looks awesome! Sounds like an incredible score! For that kind of deal I would be tempted to just wear the bezel as is.

Enjoy! Wow! What an Omega collection you have now!

Incredible, awesome Roy!! I had to stop at two Omega's, at least until AFTER Christmas...

Great product = great pics. A big congrats there Roy.

The collection just keeps getting better and better, Congrats!

Oh my GOODNESS!! That is one gorgeously beautimous piece of amazing watch flesh!! It certainly gets the old drool pumps up and firing away! :wink: All hyperbole aside, this is one of those "grail" watches for me, one that I have promised myself that I will acquire [hopefully] long before I lose my faculties and have to be put away in a mental institution... :grin

In the meantime, enjoy the H-E-Double-Hockey Sticks out of this amazing Omega, and I hope you enjoy many thousands of hours of wrist time with this superbly designed and built wxample of horological excellence!!

Congrats again Roy! That is a great looking watch, and the goobers at 12:00 are not that bad. From 2 feet no one is ever going to know. I think you did great grabbing that.

That's a beauty. I have the two hand (inherited from my dad) and been jonezing for the chrono version.

Great score, Roy. Nothing like the addition of an Omega to bump the collection up a notch. Congrats, and enjoy!

abbbb3fdcf6f5b249734f32cd6243df447ec2038_hq.gif

Wow! Congratulations! I'll have to start looking at the online pawn shops...

Simply superb!! Sounds like you hit the jackpot on this one. Congrats!

Just beautiful - love the dial & the color of the bezel - congratulations!

That is one beautiful timepiece. I LOVE the color combo. What a great score. Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom