A New Way to Block “Robo Calls”

Status
Not open for further replies.

roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member
http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2017/db1116/DOC-347787A1.pdf

FCC ADOPTS RULES TO ALLOW PHONE COMPANIES TO
PROACTIVELY BLOCK ILLEGAL ROBOCALLS

The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has just adopted new rules that will allow your phone company to block some “robo calls” before they reach your phone.

“To combat these scams the new rules approved (November 16th, 2017) expressly authorize voice service providers to block robo calls that appear to be from telephone numbers that do not or cannot make outgoing calls, without running afoul of the FCC’s call completion rules.” – from the FCC’s press release

If you have ever been bothered by a robo calls or a call from a fake IRS agent telling you will be arrested, no doubt this will be good news.

And while the rule is good news, it will not stop every robo call and it will not help unless the phone companies use the ruling and new technologies to block the scammers and robo calls.

We are asking consumers who would like to have these calls blocked to call their phone company and ask how they can apply for the blocking technology. We are hoping if enough people call, the phone companies will use the new rules to help consumers.

Phone companies won't block all the calls, because they sold our numbers to the scammers for some coin and I don't doubt the government hasn't sold our info for a few bucks either. I know I signed up for the government to sell my info when I gave them my info at DoNotCall.gov.

Great, what do I have to do to block them? I keep getting calls that read "Massachusetts Call", "California Call", "Indiana Call"... and so on. I never answer but they keep calling.

what about the robo with my exchange ? ...bad robot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom