On Women and Watches: Pure Coincidence? How do they know these things!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

timetraveler

Tyme Machine
Founding Member
Mary: "Will they be selling watches at the MicroBrain Meetup."

Bill: "Probably. I'm not sure."

This little conversation took place the night before the D.C. MicroBrand Meetup last weekend. Mary was looking over my shoulder as I perused the show's website. Before long, Mary was at the keyboard and I was looking over her shoulder. She clicked on every participating brand, and looked at every single watch.
https://www.microbrandmeetup.com/

"I want to give you one of these two for Christmas.", she said. "You should get the Mercer Brigadier chronograph, or my favorite, this Melbourne Carlton Classic Rose chronograph."

Now truthfully, I'm not sure I ever heard of these two brands. And I promptly forgot about her comments; until, that is, when I got to the event.

Now only a few of the companies actually had watches on hand for sale. One of them was Chris Vail of Lew & Huey, NTH, and JANIS Trading Company. He was also repping Melbourne Watch Company, out of Australia. And he had several display pieces from the company for sale.

One of those was guess what?... A final prototype of the Melbourne Carlton Classic! The piece was blemish-free and perfectly functional. The watch is scheduled for release on Dec. 15th at $360. USD. The pre-order price is $270., and, without box or papers, this prototype was priced at 1/2 the list, or $180.!

So I texted Mary a pic (see below), because I wasn't really sure that it was the watch she liked. "That's it!", she texted back.

When I got home, I handed her the watch, she looked at it and smiled... and that's the last I've seen of it!

W0zd6C.jpg
Carlton - Classic Rose

IcoRating0.png

USD 362.24 USD 270.72

(You save USD 91.51)
SPECIFICATIONS

• Case Material - 316L Stainless Steel (PVD Rose Gold Plated)
  • Case Diameter - 42mm
  • Case Thickness - 11mm
  • Movement - Seiko Cal. VK64 mecha-quartz
  • Crystal - Flat Anti-Reflective Sapphire
  • Dial - Silver
  • Hands - Rose Gold
  • Strap - 22mm
  • Water Resistance - 50m/5ATM
  • Warranty - 24 Months
How do women know these things!?! :wow:

YOU are just a thoughtful husband....and Mary sounds like one cool lady.

Bill, Mary sounds wonderful. And speaking for the gender, our intuition is set on 10 most of the time. A lot of us run on gut feelings and hunches and it works most of the time. Personally, I listen to the little voice that tells me to take the long way home or to buy something for someone. It rarely leads me off track. Mary must have just known that watch would be there! Lucky you, it's really nice. I love rose gold and square cases.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

No problem here. Well, except the wait. You are indeed a very lucky man!

Ooo...bob we should be expecting great Xmas gifts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom