Helium Release Valve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bundamania

Tyme Twister
Does the Aragon Enforcer T100 14 tube bracelet watch have a HRV?
I couldn't find any pics of that side of the case. Thanks!

Does the Aragon Enforcer T100 14 tube bracelet watch have a HRV?
I couldn't find any pics of that side of the case. Thanks!

https://www.aragonwatch.com/product_p/a168blu.htm

A168BLU-5T.jpg

All of the Aragon Enforcer models I've seen all have the HRV on the bottom of case, not that anyone will ever use them during a desk diving exploration.:dunno:

View attachment 11594

So what do you guys think the reason for having it is on watches that in 99.9% of the cases will never hit water?? People ask me that all the time and I never quite know what to say except that it shows a build quality and attention to detail that some watches don't have. BS or true I'm never sure why and/or what to say

So what do you guys think the reason for having it is on watches that in 99.9% of the cases will never hit water?? People ask me that all the time and I never quite know what to say except that it shows a build quality and attention to detail that some watches don't have. BS or true I'm never sure why and/or what to say

Yeah I'll roll with that explanation, HRV's show that my watches are no foo-foo fashion wristbands, my watches go hard in the paint! (or in this case, go hard in saturation diving) :grin

My opinion is that it's just a sales gimmick. Having a HRV is one of those things that watch makers throw on the options list in order for them to justify a big price increase. In the overall production run, I'm sure that adding a HRV doesn't cost all that much more but in order to "justify" the price increase that a customer will see on their end, the manufacturer will throw it in there so it appears that the customer is getting more bang for their buck.

It's like when a watch manufacturer includes a sapphire crystal when they bump up the price of a watch. It hardly costs them anything compared to a regular mineral crystal when factored over a full production run, but in order to make it seem like the customer is getting something for the increased price, they'll throw it in there and talk about how special it is.

I like the Helium Valve....if you take some deep breaths out of it, your voice sounds real funny for a few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom