DELTAt - From Hong Kong with Authenticity

Status
Not open for further replies.

timetraveler

Tyme Machine
Founding Member
I posted about this watch when I got it, a little over a year ago. Today, I've chosen to talk more about the brand, and the reasons I'm a fan.

Oq7COK.jpg

What I like most about the DELTAt brand is that they make a great no-nonsense timepiece of fine quality. I also like the fact that they make no bones about what or where they are - an homage watch company with headquarters in Hong Kong. They specialize in historic military designs, particularly aviation, along with a few diving styles.

As example, this 45mm SoRa WWII BS (type B dial, Silver SS case) is the accurate copy of WWII era fliegers, but with modern cosmetic upgrades and movements. Most of their watches come as complete kits. This one includes three straps, a dog tag-style ID tag, and a strap-mountable compass. The dial is an accurate reproduction of period type B dials - sterile and without day or date. Modern touches include full luminescence, AR-coated sapphire crystal, and a screw-down case back and crown bringing the WR in at 200M. The brown bund strap comes fully distressed right out of the box. I like that!

In hand, the watch has a solid and substantial feel. The huge "onion" or "pumpkin" crown is deeply grooved for easy manipulation. This one is powered by Seiko's NH35 automatic. And it runs as smooth as silk.

Overall, this timepiece is one that oozes quality and reliability. I can comfortably and readily recommend DELTAt to the Aviator/Pilot/Flieger watch collector.

Here are a few "watch-vanity" pics I snapped off today. Enjoy!
k4mGd1.jpg

9wd4cq.jpg

Y2Iedy.jpg

7BvThe.jpg

qBpcU3.jpg
1R0Jng.jpg

olMN6v.jpg

qnYdEL.jpg

hFMGAX.jpg

Fh8PG0.jpg

yjJaV2.jpg

ElNwOl.jpg

7H8Uvb.jpg

So that's it! And as always... Thanks for lookin', WiTs!!! :applaud:

Specifications and the entire DELTAt collection can be found here:
http://www.deltatwatch.com/index.php

Thanks for bringing this one back up. I didnt know about them and I wan to check them out now. It is a wonderfully executed homage and a real nice package. Great pics too. Thanks!

Nice....Never knew they made this. I though the only Deltat was the giant one I’ve seen Sota post.

I have a DeltaT but a different model and I feel the same about the brand. Well done.

Nice little write up with great pics. I totally agree, I own 2 Deltat's and love them.

B-UHREN observer dial...originally on loan during mission...55mm worn over jacket...i guess returned after successful mission or incinerated by snoopy-

quick release pins surprised me-

-crystal pix clear prose

I also have a Deltat and I agree with your assessment. Great watches at a reasonable price.

I am a BIG fan of the brand!!! They are a little pricey unless you can find a deal. The quality if VERY good. Great machining and tight tolerances. I've got 2 and can't say enough good things. Bill has one of their best right there.

35498675451_c4264c2647_c.jpg

:outstand:A very sharp, and impressive looking time piece indeed, Bill.:up::applaud:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom