Lets play a game what would you rather have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patsfan1001

Banned
Ok here are the rules your given a total of $50,000 no more no less but must use it on a watch or watches lets begin.

1) You walk into a high end watch store there are luxury brands the eye can see from A-Z

2) You ask the salesman to see the watches in the $50,000 price range

3) He asks what kind of movement (doesn't matter)

4) He takes you to at least 20 brands that are in this price point

5) Now that you have the watch/es in front of you what do you do?

A) Buy one at $50,000 or multiples again it has to equal $50,000 even

B) Do you buy New or Used? brands don't matter

C) Modern or Vintage?

D) Or you decide to use that money instead to have other watches serviced?

Now after you make your decision your told you can never buy another watch for 10 yrs do you do it?

Now I would buy three watches and they are the following now prices are an estimate so if you see the same watch/es in different prices use the
one you would feel the most comfortable spending the money on.

1) pre owned 18kt Gold Rolex Submariner with black bezel and dial $ 17,995

2) Blancpain Fifty Fathoms $12,0000

3) 37mm Patek Philippe Calatrava $18,500

4) I use the remaining balance on future watch servicing $1,505

Total $48,295+ $1,505 extra for repairs and or services.

So lets hear yours.

Uh......what was the question again? :dizzy:

SkullMaori-Col-270x330.png

HYT Maori Skull

Devon-Tread-1-Steampunk-watch-16.jpg

Devon Tread 1 Steampunk

I would get on the list for some Rolex Daytonas. I know there used to be a good wait time on those and people were selling them once they finally got them for a nice profit. If that is still the case today, I would wait my time and flip them to make a nice profit. Even if it meant not buying any more watches for the next decade, I would rather have the 50k plus whatever I was able to make on them.

Maybe add this choice. Leave the high end watch store and go buy 500 Invicta watches @ $100.00 each for the yellow box addicts. That should hold some addicts over for ten years. It's only twenty shy of being able to open one new watch per week for the next ten years. I've easily passed twice that dollar amount already and that is a conservative estimate.

I only play 1 game. Scrabble. House rules say the wife always wins.:no:

Maybe add this choice. Leave the high end watch store and go buy 500 Invicta watches @ $100.00 each for the yellow box addicts. That should hold some addicts over for ten years. It's only twenty shy of being able to open one new watch per week for the next ten years. I've easily passed twice that amount already and that is a conservative estimate.

Conservatively, over one thousand Invicta $100.00 watches? I'da never thunk it. :hmm:

Conservatively, over one thousand Invicta $100.00 watches? I'da never thunk it. :hmm:

My conservative estimate was on the OP's amount of $50,000, not Invicta watches. I amended by adding the word dollar.

Let's Play A Game?
I Don't Think So!

Homey ...
Don't ...
Play Dat!

yrJYj.gif

I'd get a modren P Phillipe. But I would love an RGM Tourbillion, which cost more:
[h=2]http://www.rgmwatches.com/watches#/tourbillon/[/h]

It's almost Friday!! Primary Systems are shutting down left and right, as the Happy Hour, Beer and Bourbon subsystems are coming online . . . . .

My head hurts, I need a beer

Thankfully we are closed on Friday, so I only have to wait 4 hours and 21 minutes.

I will try to read your questions next week . . . maybe . . . so complicated

:drink:

Hum?:hmm: I would buy 5 $10,000.00 watches not sure what brands too many on my list.

Actually when I had quite a bit of extra cash I did have 2 Rolex subs & 1 Datejust, however I sold them did some upgrades on my house & now only go for much lower end watches, as I rather have a large selection of various mov't, dials, & brands than just a few watches.

As many certified pre-owned higher end popular modern watches; Omega, Rolex, Tag Heuer (guilty pleasure), IWC, Corum (maybe), etc I could get for the $50K as the major depreciation would have already happened going from new to pre-owned. The closest you'll get to maintaining the value of the dollars you spent. If anything left over, a gift certificate for future servicing of those watches to maintain the "investment". Probably would not appreciate in value, but will most likely maintain value of the "portfolio"... about the best you could do.

I'd buy the clock I saw in a Jaguar and would keep the car that surrounds it.

easy peasy, not buy another watch? Ive only got about 10 yrs or so left. I walk out with middle finger raised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom