Ceramic question

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacerguy

Tyme Master Jr.
I just received the gunmetal ceramic Mobula. Before I decide to keep it, I wanted to ask you if I will be a slave to fingerprints. Is ceramic better/worse/the same as high polish stainless steel?

Ceramic question

I don't have a full ceramic watch, but I have a tungsten/ceramic Invicta. I find that its not as bad as the Tungsten, but then there is less ceramic on it than tungsten as well. It really depends on how anal you are about it Bob. I keep a cloth with me almost always and will clean my watch a few times a day when they are HP. Don't know if that helps or hurts. Nice watch btw. Enjoy it if you keep it.

Ceramic question

It's high polished, Bob. No matter what it's made of that means yes, you'll deal with prints. I'm a print and germaphobe and can't stand prints on anything, makes me want to hurl but I deal with HP pieces easily enough. I simply put it on, wipe it off, and don't touch it again. If I need to touch it and print it I simply wipe it with my shirt. No big deal. I deal with my touch screen phone the same way. [br][br]But those new pop machines in Burger King? Forget about it! Someone else has to get my drink.

Ceramic question

That particular color maybe. The good thing though is it would wipe off easy and never worry about a scratch., Don't you carry a watch cloth with you? Kidding of course. No really, don't you? In have a dark blue Mobula and it does collect some prints but nothing I can't live with until I wipe them off and good as new.

Ceramic question

I have a few high polished black ceramics. The fingerprints wipe off much easier than the SS. I'd keep it. The watch is well worth it. Congrats!

Ceramic question

[font face=comic sans MS size=4]Wait, ... Are you trying to tell me I'm the only one that keeps a polishing cloth in his wallet?[br]I agree with Shooter, it doesn't matter if it's made of tungsten, steel or peanut butter,[br]If it's shiny it's gonna attract prints.[br][br][div style=text-align:center;][i style=font-family:Verdana, Arial;font-size:))pt;][font face=comic sans MS size=4][/font][/div][/font][/i]

Ceramic question

[quote author=@realtymebandit source=/post/3)3956/thread timestamp=)45)92)9)7][font face=comic sans MS size=4]Wait, ... Are you trying to tell me I'm the only one that keeps a polishing cloth in his wallet?[br]I agree with Shooter, it doesn't matter if it's made of tungsten, steel or peanut butter,[br]If it's shiny it's gonna attract prints.[br][br][div style=text-align:center;][i style=font-family:Verdana, Arial;font-size:))pt;][font face=comic sans MS size=4]http://s))89.photobucket.com/user/tymebandit/media/IMG_2))5)223_)738)2)73_zpslpxypain.jpg.html]
font]

Ceramic question

[quote author=@realtymebandit source=/post/3)3956/thread timestamp=)45)92)9)7][font size=4 face=comic sans MS]Wait, ... Are you trying to tell me I'm the only one that keeps a polishing cloth in his wallet?[br]I agree with Shooter, it doesn't matter if it's made of tungsten, steel or peanut butter,[br]If it's shiny it's gonna attract prints.[br][br][div style=text-align:center;][i style=font-family:Verdana, Arial;font-size:))pt;][font size=4 face=comic sans MS]http://s))89.photobucket.com/user/tymebandit/media/IMG_2))5)223_)738)2)73_zpslpxypain.jpg.html]
quote][br][br][br][br]Got a pic of that peanut butter piece

Ceramic question

[quote source=/post/3)3958/thread timestamp=)45)922232 author=@timetraveler][quote source=/post/3)3956/thread timestamp=)45)92)9)7 author=@realtymebandit][font face=comic sans MS size=4]Wait, ... Are you trying to tell me I'm the only one that keeps a polishing cloth in his wallet?[br]I agree with Shooter, it doesn't matter if it's made of tungsten, steel or peanut butter,[br]If it's shiny it's gonna attract prints.[/font][i style=font-size:))pt;][font face=comic sans MS size=4][div style=text-align:center;][i style=font-family:Verdana, Arial;font-size:))pt;][font face=comic sans MS size=4][/font][/i][/div][/font][/i][/quote][br][br][font color=#)926e6]Got a pic of that peanut butter piece? On a strap, or bracelet? [/font][/quote][font face=comic sans ms size=4]Why yes I do! The peanut butter is on the dial (with jelly)[/font]http://www.pic4ever.com/images/25r3)wi.gif][/url][br][br]
[img]http://rlv.zcache.com/personalized_name_orange_peanut_butter_jelly_wrist_watches-rc)e)6c6782eb49)c84a5)feb43)ed)c5_zd5zg_324.jpg?rlvnet=)

Ceramic question

the ceramic wipes E-Z PG... and no worries about scratches[br][br][br]still.. if you want an excuse to return it i would not razz you-

Ceramic question

[quote author=@lancecumalot source=/post/3)3972/thread timestamp=)45)923558]the ceramic wipes E-Z PG... and no worries about scratches[br][br][br]still.. if you want an excuse to return it i would not razz you-[/quote][br][font size=4] Thanks....but i know i leave youplenty of OTHER reasons to be razzed on the table! Lol[br][br]..i actually want to keep this watch. Im really trying to diversify within my Invictas. This is one type (ceramic)I never owned, is 5)mm, amd is my price range. I just wanted to be sure everyone didnt say NO. I do baby my watches, so I should be ok.[br][br][br]i appreciate all the WIT comments. Thanks.[/font]

Ceramic question

Yea! Bob scores a ceramic! [br]She's a beaut, Bob. Wear it well. Maybe one day it and my new SANIII will meet.

Ceramic question

[quote source=/post/3)398)/thread timestamp=)45)92434) author=@pacerguy][quote source=/post/3)3972/thread timestamp=)45)923558 author=@lancecumalot]the ceramic wipes E-Z PG... and no worries about scratches[br][br][br]still.. if you want an excuse to return it i would not razz you-[/quote][font size=4] Thanks....but i know i leave youplenty of OTHER reasons to be razzed on the table! Lol[br][br]..i actually want to keep this watch. Im really trying to diversify within my Invictas. This is one type (ceramic)I never owned, is 5)mm, amd is my price range. I just wanted to be sure everyone didnt say NO. I do baby my watches, so I should be ok.[br][br][br][br][br][br]i appreciate all the WIT comments. Thanks.[/font][/quote]a HARD KNOCK can crack ceramic ... or you can crack ceramic links sizing... no worries on the finger prints IMHO

Ceramic question

[quote author=@lancecumalot source=/post/3)3987/thread timestamp=)45)92535)][quote source=/post/3)398)/thread timestamp=)45)92434) author=@pacerguy][font size=4] Thanks....but i know i leave youplenty of OTHER reasons to be razzed on the table! Lol[br][br]..i actually want to keep this watch. Im really trying to diversify within my Invictas. This is one type (ceramic)I never owned, is 5)mm, amd is my price range. I just wanted to be sure everyone didnt say NO. I do baby my watches, so I should be ok.[br][br][br][br][br][br]i appreciate all the WIT comments. Thanks.[/font][/quote]a HARD KNOCK can crack ceramic ... or you can crack ceramic links sizing... no worries on the finger prints IMHO[/quote][br][font size=4] ScottyB: I've heard about the brittleness during sizing. I'llI take it to a watch guy, who has sized my watches for years ( see... there's another razz already....whats it been; 3 minutes??). Ill lecture him beforehand. Thanks for the heads up. [/font]

Ceramic question

The only all ceramic piece in my collection is a Sottomarino but it's white so I'd be a bad point of reference when it comes to speaking of fingerprints. That's quite a great looking timepiece though.....

Ceramic question

Yes, but the more pressing question is: is it mo-BULA or MOBE-ula?

Ceramic question

[quote author=@abbadon timestamp=)45)93)669 source=/post/3)4)23/thread]Yes, but the more pressing question is: is it mo-BULA or MOBE-ula? [/quote][font face=comic sans ms size=4]According to the British guy in this video it's MOE-bula ray[/font] 8-| [font face=comic sans ms size=4]LOL![/font][br][br][div style=text-align:center;][video size=large src=[url]https://youtu.be/oz6zOyZpYTY][/url][/video][br][/div]

Ceramic question

[font face=comic sans ms][font size=4]Ceramic? Like, in a dinner plate? Is it dishwasher safe? [/font][/font]
url]

Ceramic question

Nothing like a huge belly flop to attract the attention of the fairer sex. Ahh the mammories...uh I mean memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom