Spinnaker Fleuss, New To The Herd

Status
Not open for further replies.

TymeBandit

Tyme Master Jr.
Founding Member
Loves me some divers and I'm always looking for the next one to excite me. I have plenty of sport and tool models but not too many dress models so when I saw Spinnaker's vintage inspired Fleuss I was like "YEAH".
A little on the small side when compared to the bulk of my collection at only 43mm across and 13mm tall, I figured it would have little to no problem getting under the cuff of a dress shirt. The NH-35A is a good enough workhorse movement in this Fleuss and winds smoothly and keeps good time. The flat sapphire crystal covers a finely textured dial (that's hard to capture in photos) that I really like a lot. The applied indices, framed date window and elegantly pointed hands go well with the style of this model, but the part I like the most is the raised Spinnaker nameplate who's font is reminiscent of a badge found on a late 60's early 70's Italian sports car.
I was pleasantly surprised by the lume on this Spinnaker. Not that I'm a lume hugger or even think that blazing lume is needed on a "dress" diver, but the two tone (green on the hands and lumed bezel, and blue on the hour markers) is no Seiko or Deep Blue, but is surprisingly bright and last relatively long for a dress diver.

The OEM strap is a 3.5mm thick, super soft and water resistant leather that is just awesome, but you know me, can't leave $#&t alone. So I figured, "what kind of strap would be a better fit for a dive watch than a sea creature's hide"? and swapped in an exotic stingray strap with deployment clasp. I think the texture of the stingray compliments the texture on the dial nicely.
Enough about the watch, here are some pics, please enjoy and tell me what you think.

Nicest Spinnaker so far. Big congrats on this beauty. Very tempting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotta love the Stingray belt, so cool and all attributes of this 3-hand beaut are
working for you, Arthur. You always take enough shot to give me a definite impression.
So kudos for your best choice and da shots !!!

Nice, Arthur. But we need more pics to really say for sure....

electric cool-aid acid trip contrast lume...check...always wanted a sting ray strap...convex sapphire bezel sweet...

jealous

Very classy tool and even taken higher with da stingray strapenjoy it often Arthur.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats Arthur!! I like the vintage style Spinnakers the most.

I ordered the Black Dial Hass, probably around the same time you did, and can't wait to see it in person!

:outstand: choice on the strap too! Really takes it up a notch and complements the dial texture perfectly.

I'm super envious of the Sapphire lens too, as the Hass only has a Hardlex crystal, but I knew that when I ordered it, and will eventually upgrade it myself. Not a show stopper on a great watch at a great price!

Enjoy!!!!

Yessir!!! And that strap takes the piece up about ten notches! Great work all around, Arthur!!!

Arthur, a fantastic looking watch & I love the strap you chose for it - well done!!

:outstand:A marvelous addition to the collection, Arthur! A big congratulations, my friend!:happy::applaud:

electric cool-aid acid trip contrast lume...check...always wanted a sting ray strap...convex sapphire bezel sweet...

jealous

Thanks Scotty, The convex bezel is actually Acrylic but gives the same effect!!!
(if it ever gets scratched Colgate is an easy, cheap fix)
:grin

Thanks Scotty, The convex bezel is actually Acrylic but gives the same effect!!!
(if it ever gets scratched Colgate is an easy, cheap fix)
:grin

That Colgate might do wonders for your teeth and breath, too.....just sayin’!

Another winner Arthur, looks perfect on your wrist, and the Stingray strap puts it over the top, enjoy that beautiful combo often.

Nailed it bro. The strap & dial look like a great get together :up:

Congrats Arthur! That is a very classy dress tool diver.

I love that dial texture.....speaking of that did anybody hear JT repeatedly call the dial a face last week...lol. The bezel is spot on and the strap is out of sight. The logo reminds me of the old school car logos a bit. All around a killer wrist rocket

Nice score, Arthur. Love that rear view. :wink: Congrats, thanks for the cool pics, and enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom