Glam Rock GR10108G...whats so special?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacerguy

Tyme Master Jr.
I bought this for my wife many years ago for an Anniversary. She hasn't worn it it years. I dont recall Glam Rock being a special brand.
When i looked this up to maybe sell it, checking a comparable on eBay, it came up quite expensive, for a quartz.
Is this real, or an eBay price wishing someone is attempting to pull off. It says Swiss Movement on the case back.
Here are 2 pics.
https://flic.kr/p/ZAuren https://www.flickr.com/photos/152215575@N06/https://flic.kr/p/YvLkPo https://www.flickr.com/photos/152215575@N06/

Glam rock has been a male- female watch thats a bigger size and the ladies like them. They're the larger of the womens watch. I think they are nice and have gifted several of them to my girlfriend. I like them :)

Glam rock has been a male- female watch thats a bigger size and the ladies like them. They're the larger of the womens watch. I think they are nice and have gifted several of them to my girlfriend. I like them :)

Hey Ace - I happen to know someone who might have a Glam Rock GR10108G that may possibly be for sale. For a percentage, I may be able to broker the deal for you! :grin

:lolcry:LOL!!:lol:

Hey Ace - I happen to know someone who might have a Glam Rock GR10108G that may possibly be for sale. For a percentage, I may be able to broker the deal for you! :grin

The internet had this model at $1000!
Maybe ill put it up at $800 to check it out.

Thanks,all

Remember what you paid? Does your girlfriend want another? Does she want a new boyfriend from Virginia? lol

There are tons of Glam Rocks on Amazon and none go much higher then $200 brand new. Most that are comparable to yours at the $150 to $$200. I bought one for my brother's wife once and she liked it quite a bit. You get $800 and I'm going to my brothers house and stealing it. You may find an Ebay sucker but even when they were popular this model was around the $300 to $400 marker at WOW. Nicely made fashion watches with some style. Best of luck on a sale, you never know on ebay.

There are tons of Glam Rocks on Amazon and none go much higher then $200 brand new. Most that are comparable to yours at the $150 to $$200. I bought one for my brother's wife once and she liked it quite a bit. You get $800 and I'm going to my brothers house and stealing it. You may find an Ebay sucker but even when they were popular this model was around the $300 to $400 marker at WOW. Nicely made fashion watches with some style. Best of luck on a sale, you never know on ebay.

i old skool deal in good faith...bought many GR for wifey $30-60

- if u get casual food dinner for 1 & movie matineee...call it a day...$50-100

fishing in bad faith for scum bags...bad kharma...next life eye less meat maggot eat dead skunk middle of road squashed by mack truck endless cycles misery

plus battery either dead or terminal...

don't be 1 of those " just needs a new battery "

confucius sez u look for trouble u find...like...sell on bay...have buyer rescind after u send watch...

I've seen them before but I thought they were more of a lower end piece. This one looks to be nicer than the average bear. What Scotty said......I think:)

Damn....I only looked at one reference...someone was selling it for $952.
Oh well....it’ll be a $50 special.

Damn....I only looked at one reference...someone was selling it for $952.
Oh well....it’ll be a $50 special.

That one did sell new for $250 to $350 when they were new and trendy at WorldofWatches. I paid $175 for my brother's wife's. Don't think they've held a ton of value, but are pretty well made and stylish. For $50 someone would get a damn nice watch for a wife or girlfriend.

That one did sell new for $250 to $350 when they were new and trendy at WorldofWatches. I paid $175 for my brother's wife's. Don't think they've held a ton of value, but are pretty well made and stylish. For $50 someone would get a damn nice watch for a wife or girlfriend.

I dont recall what I paid. I think it was a lot more, but who knows. Maybe 10 yrs ago. I got it at Neiman Marcus....nothing cheap there. I also remember, my wife wanted a few different bezels with it, as it was changeable. It was cool technology at the time. Maybe that added some bucks.

I've seen them before but I thought they were more of a lower end piece. This one looks to be nicer than the average bear. What Scotty said......I think:)

bezel wrapped in gen u whine pleather

I dont recall what I paid. I think it was a lot more, but who knows. Maybe 10 yrs ago. I got it at Neiman Marcus....nothing cheap there. I also remember, my wife wanted a few different bezels with it, as it was changeable. It was cool technology at the time. Maybe that added some bucks.

Yeah I remember that one. They sold them at high-end retailers, Nordstroms, and Bloomingdales too. They were very hot for awhile and not cheap at retail. At WOW you could get them much cheaper like we all found out about when we learned how to buy watches for less.

Yeah I remember that one. They sold them at high-end retailers, Nordstroms, and Bloomingdales too. They were very hot for awhile and not cheap at retail. At WOW you could get them much cheaper like we all found out about when we learned how to buy watches for less.

the whole world learned how to buy everything on line cut the heart out of brick & mortar & mom & pop stores main street-...nost big box stores sucking the pipe...malls...local taxes...big problems in " little china "

I have This watch and it is more expensive than most of the Glam Rock models because the band and bezel materials are made in alligator material. The watch retail was in the the upper $600 dollar range. I paid $300 and my wife loves the watch. We have purchased another 5 Glam Rocks ranging in price from $90 To $325. She loves them all. Ps...mywatchcollection grew on her and she now owns about 40 watches, great hobby.

Your wife will let you sell an anniversary gift? Will you actually live to tell the tale or are you doing this completely under the table? Are you saying that there's money to be made from selling former anniversary gifts? Hmmmmmm...you got the wheels in my brain turning to the sounds of potential cash flowing in.

Please let us know how this works out in the end...if she'll let you live! :wink:

Inquiring minds of broke married guys want to know!

I have a Glam Rock on ebay with under a $100 price tag. I think these Glam Rocks are like Invicta, stupid high MSRPs and way lower sell points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom