Ashton Pre.Owned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

craftsmanship

Tyme Machine
Has anyone bought any pre.owned, store display "Pristine watches" from Ashford? Any thoughts, opinion?
Thanks!!!
Dan

No. But I sure have been tempted.

I, too, will be interested in responses from those who have.

I assume you meant to say Ashfords, not Ashton. All the "pre-owned" ones I've looked at say "Store Display. Pristine Condition - Never Worn." I've been tempted myself.

Oh jeeeeeez.... Updated...

All good. Like I never misplelld anything.
gigglesmile.gif

Since this post was apparently hijacked, I've learned two things, NEVER do a new post from home on an IPAD AND try to remove your clothes prior to showering? :)

I just went in a ordered a new/store display Hamilton Pan Europ Chrono, from Ashford yes, the same I bought with a code in June. I like it so much, I then ordered a new Italian leather band with Bader Deployment from Christopher Ward. This watch can have a whole different look depending on the band. I'll be the "Canary in the Coal Mine" on Ashford "Store Displays...

with ashford.com...should be ok...reputable-

as for sp. error..probably spell check...

Since this post was apparently hijacked, I've learned two things, NEVER do a new post from home on an IPAD AND try to remove your clothes prior to showering? :)

I just went in a ordered a new/store display Hamilton Pan Europ Chrono, from Ashford yes, the same I bought with a code in June. I like it so much, I then ordered a new Italian leather band with Bader Deployment from Christopher Ward. This watch can have a whole different look depending on the band. I'll be the "Canary in the Coal Mine" on Ashford "Store Displays...
:outstand::up::applaud:

Same watch but different color right?

I will be cool to get your impressions. Generally speaking I've had good interactions with Ashford but I've never bought a pre-owned from them. A couple that I have looked at though have been so close (or even higher than) the Ashford sales prices that I didn't bother to look too deeply.

"Store Display/Pre-Owned" Hamilton Pan Europ received.
As someone who has purchased a new Pan Europ, I can say that its not bad, but am disappointed. The bottom right lug had a slight scratch, the crown-winder was hesitant to say the least at first. All else seemed to be okay, was able to polish the scratch out and will keep. But, to save $75-$100, I will pass in the future, they aren't "Pristine". Maybe I was expecting as new... Close, but I'll pay the price for new in future with some of Lee's great codes...
Dan

"Store Display/Pre-Owned" Hamilton Pan Europ received.
As someone who has purchased a new Pan Europ, I can say that its not bad, but am disappointed. The bottom right lug had a slight scratch, the crown-winder was hesitant to say the least at first. All else seemed to be okay, was able to polish the scratch out and will keep. But, to save $75-$100, I will pass in the future, they aren't "Pristine". Maybe I was expecting as new... Close, but I'll pay the price for new in future with some of Lee's great codes...
Dan

Thanks for update! Sounds like you did just fine - don't sweat the small stuff.

The same thing can happen with a new purchase as well.

http://watchintyme.com/showthread.php?30522-Interesting-Event-with-the-Hammy-Pan-Europ

Truthfully IMO I'm not a fan of buying any watch that I know has been a store display, especially from department stores. Who knows if the date was in the middle of changing and was forced over to another date or any other abuse of being mishandled. I've been in some stores observing pieces being bounced around by customers checking them out and have seen store clerks drag them across the counter surface and other things that would make some collector's cringe. Recently one of my daughters purchased two Invicta watches against my advice from InvictaStores.com. One shipped from the Woodbridge NJ arrived mummy wrapped in perfect condition. The other one came from the Newark, DE and was scuffed, unwrapped with fingerprints all over and could be seen it was manhandled, more than likely a store display. I always make sure of the return policies first before buying a watch. Even if it is stated damaged or defective merchandise can be returned. I always use PayPal or a CC to make the purchase, but would rather not even deal with the possibility of the hassle of store displays or vendors with certain return policies no matter how good the deal appears to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom