2016 Plan On, 45 mm Megalodons in Steel and Bronze,49 mm Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.

roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member
[br]
Megalodon Kickstarter Orders Fulfilled.[br][br]Posted: )4 Dec 2))5 )9:35 AM PST[br][br]We have completed the shipping of all of the Megalodons that were preordered through Kickstarter. The remaining Megalodons are available on the website. Some of the models including all of the bronze have already sold out. For 2))6 we will be planning a 45mm Megalodon in steel and bronze and a 49mm Megalodon in titanium. More details about these projects will be posted on our website when we have the information ready.[br][br]Steve Laughlin[br][br][br]
Megalodon Kickstarter Orders Fulfilled.
Posted: 14 Dec 2015 09:35 AM PST

We have completed the shipping of all of the Megalodons that were preordered through Kickstarter. The remaining Megalodons are available on the website. Some of the models including all of the bronze have already sold out. For 2016 we will be planning a 45mm Megalodon in steel and bronze and a 49mm Megalodon in titanium. More details about these projects will be posted on our website when we have the information ready.

Steve Laughlin

Previous version in Ti,brushed titanium, lume bezel, black dial matches tooth ring.Specs below are for the old version in photos.

case & bracelet: all titanium

movement: ETA 2824-2

antimagnetic: yes

HRV: Automatic

width at bezel: 49mm

width of case: 47mm

lug to lug: 55mm

height of case: 19.6mm

bracelet width: 24mm

clasp: diver flip lock style with micro adjust

water resistance: 2500 meters

lume: BWG9 Superluminova

crystal: double domed sapphire, over 4mm thick

rubber strap: yes

price: $1100 + shipping, price is subject to change in the future.

ti8.jpg
ti9.jpg

ti10.jpg
ti11.jpg

ti13a.jpg
ti14.jpg
ti17.jpg

2))6 Plan On, 45 mm Megalodons in Steel and Bronze,49 mm Ti

Thanks for posting up this information, Mike.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just got the email, looks like I will be eating soup and crackers for awhile . I want the TI 49mm ! Thanks for posting Mike! This will be it for

[quote timestamp=)45))3)53) author=@mschill8)3 source=/post/299356/thread]Just got the email, looks like I will be eating soup and crackers for awhile . I want the TI 49mm ! Thanks for posting Mike! This will be it for
quote]Happy to see there will be smaller ones for those who can't handle the larger size,but IMO a true Megalodon has to be 49 mm,as much as I would love having one of each years models since their inception, at least in one variation,the Ti with a sapphire bezel and bracelet would be real nice not having one in this material,and I did skip the 2))5 Meg.

I ready wanted 45mm Meg since I am going smaller but after getting my Bronze, I now want this tymepiece at 49mm but will be interesting to see the 45mm , but with a chance for titanium no chance for the smaller! Well maybe a small chance.

[quote source=/post/299376/thread timestamp=)45))33324 author=@mschill8)3]I ready wanted 45mm Meg since I am going smaller but after getting my Bronze, I now want this tymepiece at 49mm but will be interesting to see the 45mm , but with a chance for titanium no chance for the smaller! Well maybe a small chance.[/quote]Your bronze is a beast ,imagine the weight of that one if it had a DLC Meg Bracelet on it.

[quote source=/post/299368/thread timestamp=)45))324)2 author=@roadwarrior][quote source=/post/299356/thread author=@mschill8)3 timestamp=)45))3)53)]Just got the email, looks like I will be eating soup and crackers for awhile . I want the TI 49mm ! Thanks for posting Mike! This will be it for
quote]When will we REALLY know about the 49mm

[quote source=/post/299396/thread author=@ace timestamp=)45))35)5)][quote author=@roadwarrior timestamp=)45))324)2 source=/post/299368/thread]Happy to see there will be smaller ones for those who can't handle the larger size,but IMO a true Megalodon has to be 49 mm,as much as I would love having one of each years models since their inception, at least in one variation,the Ti with a sapphire bezel and bracelet would be real nice not having one in this material,and I did skip the 2))5 Meg.[/quote]When will we REALLY know about the 49mm ??[/quote]I'm sure as Steve knows the details it will be posted up here like the 2))5 and )4 was,more eyes out then ever with the Kickstarter hype from the last edition.

That's some post, Louis.[br]How long did it take to type it? ;)

Emailed Steve, their not designed yet so maybe there's hope for me with an anthracite dial .thanks for the pictures WR!

After receiving my new Megs, no doubt I will be ordering a Titanium version. Awesome watches!

Steve no rush on the Titanium. I just got the bill for my new roof.:cry: :cry::cry:Now the weddings:cry::cry:. My watch fund:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I can't wait for the Titanium. I know Steve won't reproduce his earlier Titanium model with the exaggerated lugs but I wish he would because they looked so cool.

Started a watch fund for this one ...hope Steve takes his time too! Time to rifle through the low wrist time watches again..loI

One titanium meg went on sale on Recon and like a flash it was gone. The seller was asking $1250 and I think he got it. That is amazing the resale value of the Megs. Keep quantity low and interest high and bam you get whatever you want for it.

Love that benarus makes real limited pieces, at reasonable prices . They really hold their value.

Last edited:
Honestly they really do, I follow watch recon a lot, if and when they come up I've never seen them last long at $750

Well back to the TOOL titanium ...any word yet on how it's progressing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom