INVICTA better than ever expected!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnro6659

Tyme Machine
Somehow yesterday my Invicta Pro Diver auto ended up in the old Hobart commercial dish washer, I have no idea how it got in there I laid it down on the table because I don't like wearing a watch while I work. The guy running the machine came over to me and said I have bad news, this ran thru the dishwasher. :shake: Anyone who knows these huge Hobart machines know they are pretty hot, 180 degrees + and use a lot of pressure to blast the crud off dishes. When he handed it to me it was HOT, To my surprise the watch was 100% working perfectly didn't even have a foggy crystal when it cooled off! I must say for a $69.00 watch it proved INVICTA can stand up to pretty some bad abuse! I have a new respect for my Invicta watches.

Sounds like a John Cameron Swaze Timex commercial from the 60,s

​An outstanding recommendation for the design of that piece.

Nice. That's great. Keep us posted on how it performs going forward. I'll be curious to know if the lubricants inside were affected by the heat

Usually I take watches off no matter what the brand or the WR rating when I think they will get wet but several times I have accidentally worn my Russian Divers in the pool and hot tub with out indecent but never would have thought any watch could go thru a full wash and rinse in a commercial dishwasher.

Wow, that's pretty impressive - thanks for sharing the tale.

I think that I'll pass on that particular method for cleaning a watch though! :wink:

Great story and I'm impressed!

Wow, that's pretty impressive - thanks for sharing the tale.

I think that I'll pass on that particular method for cleaning a watch though! :wink:

After Eyal heard of this incident, he is in negotiations with Hobart to create a combination watch winder and washer!! :grin

Makes a great commercial/testimony for Invicta! Glad to hear you TIMEpiece stood the test.

Quite impressive. I remember another story where a guy put Pro Diver 8926 inside a cars hub cap and drove around all day with no damage to the watch other than a few scuffs that he was able to buff out.

That's awesome that your Pro Diver passed the dishwasher test! Thanks for sharing! I worked in the food service industry for years and remember how hot the dishes would be when they came out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom