Stuhrling Original Tourby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronkoman

Tyme Master Jr.
Founding Member
A little bored during my lunch break so figured I would send a few pics of my SO Tourby LE No. 29/50 which is 1 of 2 SO Tourby's I own. Some pics & spec's:
View attachment 10086
View attachment 10087
View attachment 10088
View attachment 10089
[h=3]DESCRIPTION[/h]
  • Stainless Steel Gold Tone Case on Black Genuine Alligator Strap, Gold Tone Dial with Exposed Tourbillon Movement, Black Faceplate, with Gold Tone and White Accents

[h=3]TECHNICAL DATA[/h]
  • Sword-Style Hands with Luminous Fill
  • Individually Applied Roman Numeral 12 and Stick Indices
  • Polished Bezel
  • 3H-9H: 45mm; 6H-12H: 45mm
  • Screw Down Exhibition Case Back
  • Sapphire Crystals
  • Push/Pull Fluted Crown with Stuhrling S Logo
  • 5 ATM Water Resistant (50 meters/165 feet)
  • Genuine Alligator Strap (22mm wide)
  • Stainless Steel Tang Buckle with Stuhrling Wings Logo

[h=3]MOVEMENT[/h]
  • Mechanical Tourbillon Movement
  • ST-93301
  • Hour and Minutes with Open Heart Tourbillon Complication
  • 28,800 V.P.H
  • 18 Jewels
  • 40 Hours
  • Stainless Steel Movement with Blued Steel Screws and Cotes de Geneve Decoration

Congrats! That is a really nice looking Tourby. Enjoy it!

It's kind of funny that, when the "tourby craze" (as I called it) started up, I ignored it because that just wasn't the direction I wanted to take my collection; if a tourby showed up during a watch program, I either found something else to do or something else to watch. Unfortunately, and in 20-20 hindsight, I can see that I was missing some pretty cool "watchitecture," another oddball 'jingles word' that tries to do a good job of explaining what we all, I think, look for in a watch's appearance. This S.O. of yours has some very lovely features, and it reminds me of the very strong Art Deco features on many of my 1930's (and even 1950's, during a brief revival of the style) vintage radios, which is another expensive hobby in which I 'participate.' I look at your lovely tourby, and I see my 1938 Zenith "round dial" radio's dial face. And while I will almost certainly never own a tourbillon, I can still appreciate your sharing its awesome looks with all of us. Well done, and thanks!

That's pretty nice Doug. I own a SO tourby myself with that movement and it's a favorite of mine. Thanks for sharing.

:outstand: A big congratulations, Doug!:up::applaud:

Congratulations on having this one in your collection Doug. It's a beauty, love the color, texturized dialwork, sapphire crystal and, of course, it's a tourby. Thanks for posting and enjoy!

Thanks all I have had this watch for awhile now just getting around to posting some pics. Very happy with it just hasn't gotten much wrist tyme.

I'm sure many of you have the same problems trying to give all the watches in your collection a little wrist love.

Congrats on adding this sweet looking timepiece to your collection.

It's kind of funny that, when the "tourby craze" (as I called it) started up, I ignored it because that just wasn't the direction I wanted to take my collection; if a tourby showed up during a watch program, I either found something else to do or something else to watch. Unfortunately, and in 20-20 hindsight, I can see that I was missing some pretty cool "watchitecture," another oddball 'jingles word' that tries to do a good job of explaining what we all, I think, look for in a watch's appearance. This S.O. of yours has some very lovely features, and it reminds me of the very strong Art Deco features on many of my 1930's (and even 1950's, during a brief revival of the style) vintage radios, which is another expensive hobby in which I 'participate.' I look at your lovely tourby, and I see my 1938 Zenith "round dial" radio's dial face. And while I will almost certainly never own a tourbillon, I can still appreciate your sharing its awesome looks with all of us. Well done, and thanks!
If S.O. makes a cheap (relatively speaking of course) minute repeater, I would try to get one

Congrats Doug on a beautiful TIMEpiece. Love the look. Stuhrling always had the best looking tourbys at the most affordable prices. Imho. Enjoy that beaut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom