Well, it doesn't come close ........

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnydooropener

Tyme Machine
to ROBERTSR1811 from scratch build of the "Vaquero"
but it was a major project for me.

I have (had) a Seiko NH35A movement that was running very fast -- about 2½ minutes per hour.

I took the plunge and adjusted it myself.
It is now less than ten seconds slow per day. :grin

If the movement is running slow, push the red arrow lever counter clockwise.

If the movement is running fast, push the red arrow lever clockwise.

DO NOT ADJUST THE GREEN ARROW LEVER.

Adjust in very small increments -- very small.

mM2phLz.jpg

Last edited:
That's the spirit! Jump in and get your feet wet. You'll be assembling watches in no time. :)

Thanks for sharing this JD, well done.

:good:
I don't think I'll be going in that deep on any of my autos, but to be honest if I had one that was 2 1/2 min fast per hr, (that's a lot) I probably would have figured it was broken and not just out of adjustment. Good call :good:

I really need to learn how and why to lubricate for mechanicals. I wonder if your accuracy issues are from a lack of lubrication, and if a servicing would hve fixed it too.

Success is measured in small victories, jd. Nicely done!

I need to do this on my CW it's also very fastgreat job on the adjustment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:outstand: A big congratulations, JD!:good::cool2:

JD, you actually should have only moved the regulator which is the red arrow lever to adjust the rate of the movement. Clockwise will essentially lengthen the mainspring which will make the watch run slower. Conversely , counter clockwise will shorten the mainspring and make the watch run faster. The green arrow lever is the beat adjustment and it should never be moved without a timer instrument. The beat adjusts the arc of the balance as it swings in each direction. The arc should be about equal as it swings each way.

Even without a timer instrument , there are APP'S and computer programs which can listen to your watch and help you make the proper lever adjustments.

Be careful guys!!....I once learned the hard way when I accidentally touched a balance spring.....a pro bailed me out on the cheap , but it still cost me some moola.

JD, you actually should have only moved the regulator which is the red arrow lever to adjust the rate of the movement. Clockwise will essentially lengthen the mainspring which will make the watch run slower. Conversely , counter clockwise will shorten the mainspring and make the watch run faster. The green arrow lever is the beat adjustment and it should never be moved without a timer instrument. The beat adjusts the arc of the balance as it swings in each direction. The arc should be about equal as it swings each way.

Even without a timer instrument , there are APP'S and computer programs which can listen to your watch and help you make the proper lever adjustments.

Be careful guys!!....I once learned the hard way when I accidentally touched a balance spring.....a pro bailed me out on the cheap , but it still cost me some moola.

Thanks for the knowledge sharing.
The instructions I found said to do what I posted up ^^^^^^ there.

I guess it is fortunate for me (and the watch) that I only moved the red arrow lever.

Thanks again, Rog. :D

^^^^ What rog1 said, the green arrow changes the amplitude and should only be moved when on an timing instrument. Red arrow "lever" move closer to the green and it slows it down, away from the green and it speeds it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom