Vostok 31 jewel movement, reseting the stem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adicus

Tyme Machine
So I figured after my stunning success of opening up my Invicta and cleaning the inside of the dial, how hard could it be to change out the case on my vostok? Easy peasey?

NOT!

Reseating the @&%#!*$ stem is no where near as simple as it should be!!!

Let me clarify, reseating the stem in the movement OUTSIDE the case, pretty simple . . . of course.

Hah hah ha ha ha ha

But for the last two hours I have been unable to get that little red commie bastard stem to catch once the movement is back in the case.

TWO HOURS

my fingers hurt, my hands are shaking, and yes, I am giving up for the evening, and pouring a triple finger of bourbon.

Does anyone have any advice? Short of a large mallet, I already thought of that.

Bourbon!! Screw it, I'm opening the Blantons!!!!!

4ff5a9de65b7dcc79caf7c619788554e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The only advice I have is to stop drinking when you can't get the glass between your nose, and the floor.:no: Good luck, my friend.:hand:

Thanks! I was reading those last night, but it was late, and I was extremely frustrated, so I will read them again today, while at work, we're I can digest and process all the information prior to trying again.

And I was worried about the bezel, lol!

Not sure if this is the watch or model, but here is video for the bezel.

3 category of cases for Vostok Amphibian with 2416B that use 3 different crown/stems

3 category of cases for Vostok Amphibian with 2416B that use 3 different crown/stems

Okay . . . .

Apparently the 710 case my watch (wrongly) arrived in from AM-DIVER uses a different stem than when the same movement is in a 090 case.

:headbang:

A little background on this - AM-Diver sent both of my watches to me in 710 cases, but one was supposed to be in a 090 case.

So after weeks of emailing, and taking pictures and sending them to them, they agreed that they messed up and offered some solutions.

I picked - send me the replacement case and I will try swapping the movement myself.

They sent me the front half of the case, with a dial, no back or anything else (acrylic crystal was included).

I have now emailed them again, and asked them to send me the correct crown/dial for the 090 case, using one of the emails from the past.

Otherwise I will have to order a new stem from Meramon.com.

So, tonight I will try to put everything back together in the 710 case until I get the correct stem.

Frustrating, but I would rather know and learn, then not. Here are the cases that use 3 different types of stems for anyone else having a similar issue while swapping cases on a Vostok Amphibian 2416B movement.

3 category of cases that use 3 different crown/stems

• 090, 100, 110, 150 (SE) (23.0 mm, 18.6 mm) including crown and just stem, while pushed together
  • 20, 710, 960 (SE) (21.3 mm, 17.5 mm) including crown and just stem, while pushed together
  • 060, 120 (22.3 mm, 18.5 mm) including crown and just stem, while pushed together

Good Luck Comrades!

Last edited:
Confirmed. Movement back in original case, and crown/stem successfully reseated.

1c72dcb7bb7be64b8f8ca187ff8089d8.jpg

You have more patience than I. I would have had two options: my watch guy or the hammer.
Congrats on your success. :good:

You have more patience than I. I would have had two options: my watch guy or the hammer.
Congrats on your success. :good:

Yeah, I gotta agree with Gary... but after 2 hrs. in I'd be looking for the BFH! :bam:

Yeah, I gotta agree with Gary... but after 2 hrs. in I'd be looking for the BFH! :bam:
As an IT guy, I have spent over 48 hours trying to solve a problem in the past, so I've built up some calouses.

I was tired, and bourbon sounded real good, and I knew if I didn't step away, I was going to damage something, lol.

It's given me the bug though, searching amazon for calipers, and won an auction on the bay for a really nice little blue swiveling vice, like the lady modder on YouTube uses, CG something.

So on my shopping list I have,

Tweezers
Screwdrivers
Watch case press kit
A workmat
Movt. Dust cover and parts tray
Movt holder
Lube
Brass tweezers
Rubber blower
Cleaning clay
Some loupes
Filipina bride
Work light
Hand pullers
Hand presser
Large rubber mallet
Movt cushion

Did I miss anything? Any have any suggestions, tools, vendors, etc., I welcome any and all advice.

I do have a beginners tool kit, and a few other tools already, but I'm ready to make the plunge and tear down the nh35 movement in my Invicta 17044.

After opening it up, I am convinced it got water damage before it was returned to amazon.

Oh, any suggestions on a parts cleaner?

And there was something else, dammit, lost it now.

Only one more thing..........Have a good watch repair guy, as a back up.....:grin......It has saved my donkey, more than once.:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom