Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A GIFT!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks guys, I try and take care of friends when they need help. Kind of a crazy story, Actually covering the window in the wet windy weather the night it broke was scary the wind almost pulled me out the window by the sucking of the wind!!!! The Back Bay can get very windy! I am sure a contractor would have really hit them hard on an emergency call and to install the glass later but who knows when he would have gotten there. They easily could afford a contractor but called me first because they know I would be there in less than 15min and would at least cover the window. It was raining like hell and they were freaking out trying to keep the water mopped up so it would ruin the floors or the ceiling below. Luckily there was ply wood and 2x3s in the basement I keep my drill and oscillating tool in the car. They actually called the police when they heard the glass break. They forgot to call when they discovered the 4th floor window broke. When the police showed up they wanted to check the house out thinking they were being coerced to say it was nothing but a broken window when they saw it was on the top floor they just wrote it off. I showed up came in the back door started up the stairs they were coming down we met in the middle and they gave me a look and asked who the hell I was one holding his weapon!!! The girls told them they lived alone I was her BF and had a key they had called me to fix the window. Come to think of it I should have gotten a Hublot for risking my ass!
    "Know the true value of time; snatch, seize, and enjoy every moment of it. No idleness, no laziness, no procrastination: never put off till tomorrow what you can do today." Philip Stanhope

2. The Following Like This Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It's a very nice gift. Congrats.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Looks great, congrats.

Hazy....try again...

6. The Following 2 Users Like This Post

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    As I've said more than once during my rather shortish time here, I have a deep and abiding admiration for the work of Mr. Disney and his "Imagineers," and these watches remind me of him each time I wear them. When you strap on a Disney character watch, your day can't help but get a little better as you're reminded of all those terrific movies from your childhood, and, if you were very lucky as a kid, your visits to the 'Magic Kingdoms' of Disneyland and Walt Disney World. I hope that, like me, you will look down at your wrist and smile every time you see that Disney character looking up at you, doing its best to make your day. Congratulations on picking up a little bit 'o happiness!!
    The idiots of the world dread nothing so much as being convinced of their errors.- Anonymous Pundit

8. The Following Like This Post

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnro6659 View Post
    Thanks guys, I try and take care of friends when they need help. Kind of a crazy story, Actually covering the window in the wet windy weather the night it broke was scary the wind almost pulled me out the window by the sucking of the wind!!!! The Back Bay can get very windy! I am sure a contractor would have really hit them hard on an emergency call and to install the glass later but who knows when he would have gotten there. They easily could afford a contractor but called me first because they know I would be there in less than 15min and would at least cover the window. It was raining like hell and they were freaking out trying to keep the water mopped up so it would ruin the floors or the ceiling below. Luckily there was ply wood and 2x3s in the basement I keep my drill and oscillating tool in the car. They actually called the police when they heard the glass break. They forgot to call when they discovered the 4th floor window broke. When the police showed up they wanted to check the house out thinking they were being coerced to say it was nothing but a broken window when they saw it was on the top floor they just wrote it off. I showed up came in the back door started up the stairs they were coming down we met in the middle and they gave me a look and asked who the hell I was one holding his weapon!!! The girls told them they lived alone I was her BF and had a key they had called me to fix the window. Come to think of it I should have gotten a Hublot for risking my ass!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12