Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aluminum Storage Case

Aluminum Storage Case

I just bought 2 of these cases and want to share my find with the membership. I have been looking for some bette quality storage solutions for my watches for a rather long time now that my watches have been stored overwhelmingly in Invicta dive boxes and a single display case. We would all like to have giant safes that have nice display trays, but that’s not practice or affordable.

Enter the aluminum briefcase with storage from 12 thru 24 watches each for double the price of an Invicta dive case (if on sale!) and about $20 over retail. These cases have quality soft round structured pillows for your watches (a little similar to the pillows in the Invicta collector boxes (not the dive boxes)), but a little more structured and rigid (not too much, though). However, the case in aluminum, is very sturdy in comparison and can hold 3 times the Invicta dive box 8-slot capacity. They are also considerably slimmer in profile than the dive boxes and, thus, have a smaller footprint per capita. I bought the 18 slot cases (there are also some scratch & dent sales and options from TechSwiss on eBay, if you want to get an even greater bargain and don’t mind the scratches. I didn’t go that route myself). I doubt I would transport a near-filled case, but it is a much lighter and a better solution to carry than multiple dive cases. Also, it is a briefcase-style and does nothing overtly to give away its contents. It happens to also have a briefcase lock and set of keys, if you have a practical use for that. I am providing the link below, if interested. I cannot vouch for its durability over tyme yet, but cannot imagine such a sturdy case having issues over a reasonably long tyme, if used with any half-decent degree of care.

Ironically, SwissTech happens to be located near me, but I have no affiliation with it. In fact, I believe it isn’t located in a very industrial area without a showroom or store for the public.

Quite frankly, I still cannot believe these cases are so relatively affordable, look amazing and offer much better quality storage solutions than an Invicta dive box. My less expensive pieces will remain in the dive boxes, at least for the moment, because I don’t have the tyme to try to sell the boxes and I’m not buying many more of these cases just for the fun, cheaper pieces to be stored. The sale of some entry-level watches remain my priority anyway, but the better pieces will be in these really cool aluminum cases. I anticipate buying a few more over the next year or so, if only to have a great solution for the future and just in case the business stops making them.

https://www.techswiss.com/aluminium-watch-cases/

6E922352-ACBD-4F8F-8138-7E9EC5E04A65.jpg
    8469DC89-3AB7-47ED-8641-FA853342B628.jpg
    96F338D6-074F-4783-89FB-1E62DA89D5BE.jpg
    Richard

Thanks, they look nice

3. The Following 3 Users Like This Post

I really like them. Plus their much thinner for stacking purposes.
    Thanks for the intel.
    If you're an astronaut and you don't end every
    relationship by saying "look, I just need space"
    then you're wasting everyones time.

5. The Following Like This Post

Nice cases. They remind me of my NFW 10 slot cases.

7. The Following 3 Users Like This Post

I totally agree, Mike. I have a one case NFW version. NFW just doesn’t have the volume (and, thus, value) and black/grey option that the SwissTech has. Also, it appears that the NFW is a thicker profile. However, they are most definitely of the same plan and I, personally, find these aluminum cases to be the best options, short of a high volume (and I’m sure equally high cost) storage like large safes that cost upwards of $30k
    Richard

9. The Following Like This Post

I also have one of these in a smooth all black finish and can attest to their quality. I've used mine when having meet ups in the past with Bob and Bill. In 2015 I paid just under $71 on Amazon but I see they are $90 now, still a great value. Here is what they look like inside...

Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey...

11. The Following 3 Users Like This Post

In the past i've gone to harbor freight and gotten a silver one for about $20..less with a coupon. You have to look inside to make sure they have the pluck foam on the bottom section. Works well enough for me. These are definitely of a higher caliber, just bringing up a more cost effective route for those of us more DIY folks.
    Life is not about how many breaths we take, it's about how many moments take our breath away.

13. The Following 4 Users Like This Post

Quote Originally Posted by surelyuknow View Post
    I also have one of these in a smooth all black finish and can attest to their quality. I've used mine when having meet ups in the past with Bob and Bill. In 2015 I paid just under $71 on Amazon but I see they are $90 now, still a great value. Here is what they look like inside...

Early adopter! Well, you definitely picked up the right case. If you’re in a suit, you can look like you’re headed to the office with that case. Excellent storage choice.
    Richard

15. The Following 2 Users Like This Post

Grand Tyme Master
    WatchinTyme Ambassador
    ​Thanks for the HU, and review, Richard.

17. The Following Like This Post

I like those aluminum cases because it always looks like you're carrying a brief case full of money to some mysterious drop!!

19. The Following 2 Users Like This Post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast