Thread: Omega De Ville Tourbillon (5923.30.32) Omega Central Tourbillon Watch Review

Omega De Ville Tourbillon (5923.30.32) Omega Central Tourbillon Watch Review

WatchBox Reviews
    Published on Nov 7, 2018

The Omega De Ville Tourbillon 5923.30.32 / Omega Central Tourbillon is a COSC-certified Swiss chronometre with an automatic Omega caliber 2600B movement. The watch features a centrally located titanium tourbillon carriage featuring the Omega logo as a seconds index and a Breguet overcoil hairspring.

Omega watchmaker Maurice Grimm is responsible for the architecture of this central tourbillon after honing his wristwatch tourbillon technology with Audemars Piguet during the 1980s. This model, the first to be certified as a chronometer, was built from 2002 to 2006.

The watch includes twin sapphires driven by hidden pinions under the bezel; these are the displays for the hour and minute hands. Two crowns are featured; the crown on the case at three o'clock winds the watch, and the crown on the caseback sets the watch. This De Ville Central tourbillon has a power reserve of 45 hours that is wound with a platinum winding rotor.

This tourbillon watch is encased in 38.7mm of white gold surrounding a silver guilloche dial on a brown leather strap. Functions include hours, minutes, seconds, and tourbillon. The watch also measures 49mm in thickness and 13.3mm from lug-to-lug.

DESCRIPTION

A sublime expression of the art of watchmaking, each OMEGA De Ville Tourbillon is a unique, hand-crafted timepiece that blends stunning beauty with ground-breaking innovation. These timepieces feature OMEGA’s exclusive Central Tourbillon movement, set in a tourbillon cage protecting it from the effects of gravity and visible through the scratch-resistant sapphire crystal covering the dial. This numbered edition model, with its hand-guilloché silver dial, has two superimposed sapphire discs on which the hour and minutes hands are etched. The seconds hand is in the form of the OMEGA symbol and is fixed directly on the tourbillon cage. The 38.7 mm 18K white gold case is presented on a black leather strap. Powering this watchmaking wonder is OMEGA’s calibre 2600, the world’s first Central Tourbillon movement.

FEATURES
    Tourbillon

Chronometer

Numbered edition

TECHNICAL DATA
    Between lugs: 19 mm
    Bracelet: leather strap
    Case: White gold
    Case diameter: 38.7 mm
    Dial color: Silver
    Crystal: Domed, scratch-resistant sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment inside
    Water resistance: 3 bar (30 metres / 100 feet)
    MOVEMENT
    Caliber: Omega 2600
    World's first Central Tourbillon movement. Self-winding movement with rhodium-plated finish. Central tourbillon cage rotates completely once every minute. Officially certified chronometer.
    Power reserve: 45 hours
    Type: Self winding

2. The Following 7 Users Like This Post

A uniquely designed tourbillon that's centered in the middle of the dial much like the second hand of many TIMEpieces. The hour and minute hands are under the sub dial of the tourbillon and gives the look of a Faberge' Visionaire and Ulysse Nardin Freak. A beautiful TIMEpiece.
    Thanks Mike
    I don't sweat I condensate and YYYeess...I'm still cool !

aka "TimeOnMySide" but you can call me Woody!

4. The Following 3 Users Like This Post

This is just crazy cool, wow !!!

6. The Following 4 Users Like This Post

Grand Tyme Master
    WatchinTyme Ambassador
    A truly intriguing, and captivating, time piece, from Omega. Thanks Mike.

8. The Following 4 Users Like This Post

Oh my, what a TIMEPIECE!

But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep; Robert Frost

10. The Following 2 Users Like This Post

OMG! I think I need to clean myself up. One of the coolest Tourbillons I have seen.
    Dan

12. The Following 2 Users Like This Post

Tyme Machine
    Awesome!! Thanks Mike.

14. The Following Like This Post

Holy crap

16. The Following Like This Post