Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: H2O CHRONO UPDATED January 28 2019

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

H2O CHRONO UPDATED January 28 2019

H2O CHRONO UPDATE

Im currently pushing my supplier to rush production and shipment. At the moment it seems most parts are shipped until end of November and delivery will be before XMAS. SS and Bronze cases and bracelet links for example have finished production, but in next week I will get the new clasp sample for approval. So the clasp is the main time problem at the moment. I want to make it perfect and the project is already running (too) long to compromize now at the final stage. As soon as I have further information I will update you in our group and with newsletter.

I have learned my leassion from this chrono pre-order and will from now on go away from pre-orders as there is always a risk of delays which will cause unsatisfaction on your side and of couse I could fully understand that. New products are from now on going to be launched as soon as all parts are in our German office for immediate availability. If the new model could be individually configured it will always take some time for assembly, but just 3-4 weeks only. New product launches with fixed model configurations will be pre-assembled on our side and shipped within 2-3 days after order placement.

This is my plan for 2019 and Im sure this will improve a lot in many aspects.

http://watchintyme.com/showthread.ph...-KALMAR-CHRONO
    Last edited by roadwarrior; 01-28-2019 at 12:56 PM. Reason: posted update

2. The Following 3 Users Like This Post

Grand Tyme Master
    WatchinTyme Ambassador
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks for the update, Mike.

4. The Following 2 Users Like This Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Saw this update on Facebook... wish I could "like" the post but as someone who did the pre-order I can't. I get that Clemens wants to make it perfect and I appreciate that. But this delay is too long and quite frustrating. Esp with no compensation for the customer. Like take 5% off or throw me a free strap or something....

The original target delivery was end of the first quarter of 2018 so a Sept 2017 pre-order with a March 2018 delivery. We're now in November and honestly I think it's optimistic to think the watch will be delivered by Christmas if the clasp isn't approved for manufacturing yet.

I really love H2O watches and I understand that not only the quality of the pieces but the amount of customization play a role here. Their quality to price ratio is great not just compared to other micros but even to many of the big boys.

But missing a target delivery by at least 9 mos??? I won't go quite so far as to call it completely unacceptable cause I do understand Clemens is a one man show and many of the supplier issues are out of his hands.... but its not good.
    "It had to start somewhere, It had to start sometime. What better place than here? What better time than now?"

6. The Following 3 Users Like This Post

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Get your money back.

8. The Following Like This Post

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Throwing some bones to the supporters in this situation would help ease the pain a bit.

10. The Following 2 Users Like This Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    H2O CHRONO UPDATE

Im currently pushing my supplier to rush production and shipment. At the moment it seems most parts are shipped until end of November and delivery will be before XMAS. SS and Bronze cases and bracelet links for example have finished production, but in next week I will get the new clasp sample for approval. So the clasp is the main time problem at the moment. I want to make it perfect and the project is already running (too) long to compromize now at the final stage. As soon as I have further information I will update you in our group and with newsletter.

I have learned my leassion from this chrono pre-order and will from now on go away from pre-orders as there is always a risk of delays which will cause unsatisfaction on your side and of couse I could fully understand that. New products are from now on going to be launched as soon as all parts are in our German office for immediate availability. If the new model could be individually configured it will always take some time for assembly, but just 3-4 weeks only. New product launches with fixed model configurations will be pre-assembled on our side and shipped within 2-3 days after order placement.

This is my plan for 2019 and Im sure this will improve a lot in many aspects.

http://watchintyme.com/showthread.ph...-KALMAR-CHRONO
    I was just sitting here wondering to myself..... if the Kalmar 10 mile will really be delivered in January, perhaps then the clasp is finally approved for the chrono as well since Clemens had indicated that this will be his clasp on all H2O bracelets moving forward.... or perhaps I'm being too optimistic?
    "It had to start somewhere, It had to start sometime. What better place than here? What better time than now?"

12. The Following 3 Users Like This Post

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    H2O Watch

H2O KALMAR CHRONOGRAPH
    Parts are arriving daily and we will start assembly of the chrono in the next week. Im expecting to ship the first chronos before XMAS, but assembly and configuration will take some day until all of them are shipped.

My apologies again for the long delay! As a small compensation every single chrono package will get a very nice, high quality seatbelt nato strap free of charge.

In result of this launch I have decided that future watches will be sold WITHOUT pre-orders! New products will become available for order once all parts are in stock and no production delays are possible. This means new watches without customization possibilities will be fully assembled in stock once the watch gets introduced. New watch series, which have custom options and are assembled by myself or my German watchmaker on order, will have the same delivery times like my usual KALMAR or ORCA products, which is approx. 6-8 weeks. I think this is the best solution for my customers and also for myself. In style this year the H2O KALMAR 2 BRONZE and also now the H2O KALMAR 2 OCEANICTIME 10MILES are available from stock without pre-order.

Here are a few images of the part arrival and the free nato strap.

14. The Following 2 Users Like This Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can I get a Hallelujah?

16. The Following 2 Users Like This Post

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    You deserve one Gavin. Hopefully once it's at home on your wrist the wait will be just a memory and worth the time and patience.

18. The Following 2 Users Like This Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^ here here

My two H2Os are some of my favorite watches (esp the Hydra) and I think that's why I've stuck it out this long... I'm optimistic.

20. The Following 2 Users Like This Post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast