Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MAGNUM TOURBY...BOOM!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyd View Post
    Price guess?
    Evine $3400... 70% off = $1020...
    Clearance price... $ 799
    It's definitely going to be around $1,000 or a little more. Maybe wait for EBAY.

2. The Following Like This Post

Quote Originally Posted by scantor View Post
    It's definitely going to be around $1,000 or a little more. Maybe wait for EBAY.
    I do like the Magnum, but I won't purchase from Invicta stores, I'm guessing evine price is going to be over inflated, and I really don't think the price is going to be worth the watch. Don't get me wrong it's an awesome watch but I am questioning the popularity of this model. Not like you cant get a MOP magnum now for under 400, close to 300 on ebay.
    Unless they only made a very small quantity I'm questioning a sellout. You may remember the Tourbillon Venom did not go over too well and wound up being clearanced by Invicta stores in the 700s without taxes or shipping to deal with. I'm wondering if the type of watch collector that appreciates and is willing to pay for a tourby is the same type of collector that is interested in bulky novelty watches like the Magnum.
    My enforcer tourby has a better movement and has sapphire front and back. Don't get me wrong I'd snag this for the right price, but I'd rather my enforcer if given the option to only pick one. And I highly doubt the right price will be offered, especially if evine exclusive.

4. The Following Like This Post

I do like the Magnum, but I won't purchase from Invicta stores, I'm guessing evine price is going to be over inflated, and I really don't think the price is going to be worth the watch. Don't get me wrong it's an awesome watch but I am questioning the popularity of this model. Not like you cant get a MOP magnum now for under 400, close to 300 on ebay.
    Unless they only made a very small quantity I'm questioning a sellout. You may remember the Tourbillon Venom did not go over too well and wound up being clearanced by Invicta stores in the 700s without taxes or shipping to deal with. I'm wondering if the type of watch collector that appreciates and is willing to pay for a tourby is the same type of collector that is interested in bulky novelty watches like the Magnum.
    My enforcer tourby has a better movement and has sapphire front and back. Don't get me wrong I'd snag this for the right price, but I'd rather my enforcer if given the option to only pick one. And I highly doubt the right price will be offered, especially if evine exclusive.

I actually bought the invicta Venom Tourby in silvertone. I really didn't care for the dial, but I guess it wore on me. I'm really curious of that secondary movement. I can see them putting a quartz movement in that, but it doesn't really make sense for them to do that in my opinion. It would cheapen the watch. You right about the value of your enforcer watch as compared to all Invicta tourbys. Sapphire crystals and an automatic tourbillon as opposed to a mechanical tourbillon.

6. The Following 2 Users Like This Post

Quote Originally Posted by scantor View Post
    I actually bought the invicta Venom Tourby in silvertone. I really didn't care for the dial, but I guess it wore on me. I'm really curious of that secondary movement. I can see them putting a quartz movement in that, but it doesn't really make sense for them to do that in my opinion. It would cheapen the watch. You right about the value of your enforcer watch as compared to all Invicta tourbys. Sapphire crystals and an automatic tourbillon as opposed to a mechanical tourbillon.
    That would have to be one hell of a teeny tiny mechanical automatic to work in the secondary movement. That secondary movement is not part of the original case. It's a completely separate entity that is held into the side of the main case with those four screws. I've seen a ton of Magnums on eBay with a broken secondary Crown. I don't think the structural Integrity of that crown and stem is very good so even if they were able to find a movement tiny enough to fit that the constant pulling and pushing and turning it thatCrown is bound end badly.
    If anything, they should have done away with the secondary movement all together.

8. The Following Like This Post

That would have to be one hell of a teeny tiny mechanical automatic to work in the secondary movement. That secondary movement is not part of the original case. It's a completely separate entity that is held into the side of the main case with those four screws. I've seen a ton of Magnums on eBay with a broken secondary Crown. I don't think the structural Integrity of that crown and stem is very good so even if they were able to find a movement tiny enough to fit that the constant pulling and pushing and turning it thatCrown is bound end badly.
    If anything, they should have done away with the secondary movement all together.

Yep, my thoughts too about the secondary movement. Get rid of it in this case. It's probably going to be quartz.

10. The Following 2 Users Like This Post

I really like it but would never pay that much for that brand. If it ever dropped a bunch I may reconsider. Super cool tho
    Some men are morally opposed to violence. Fortunately for them, the men that protect them are not

12. The Following 2 Users Like This Post

Looks cool!
    ⌚️Tick tock, tic tock I'm in love with my wrist clock!⌚️

14. The Following 2 Users Like This Post

I've never been a Magnum fan and I don't typically get drawn to tourby's. The tables have turned here. I like this. It is well done. The venom tourbillions didn't do well, and I think it was due to the dial configuration. the design was too trippy for the average buyer. this i think will be far more appealing. The question is, will the timing of selling this watch work. There was a time a few years ago that the Invicta collector base was so strong initial runs of every new interesting time piece would sell out. If they made 500 San V autos first run, they would go first airing. It took a year plus to get more Bolt Zeus on the market (still miss mine, wish it wasn't so heavy) but the past few years haven't seemed to be collector focused. Sales haven't suffered but the types of sales seemed to changed, should be interesting.
    "It had to start somewhere, It had to start sometime. What better place than here? What better time than now?"

16. The Following 4 Users Like This Post

Quote Originally Posted by darkoverlord View Post
    I've never been a Magnum fan and I don't typically get drawn to tourby's. The tables have turned here. I like this. It is well done. The venom tourbillions didn't do well, and I think it was due to the dial configuration. the design was too trippy for the average buyer. this i think will be far more appealing. The question is, will the timing of selling this watch work. There was a time a few years ago that the Invicta collector base was so strong initial runs of every new interesting time piece would sell out. If they made 500 San V autos first run, they would go first airing. It took a year plus to get more Bolt Zeus on the market (still miss mine, wish it wasn't so heavy) but the past few years haven't seemed to be collector focused. Sales haven't suffered but the types of sales seemed to changed, should be interesting.
    Well said. While I don't doubt the popularity of this model, I question how many buyers will be willing to pay the fee. Given the fact that evine wants over a grand for a Venom hybrid with a 7750, you can imagine even though this is a mechanical Chinese tourby, compared to a swiss rotored automatic, the price is going to be pretty high, especially because these movements are slim pickings in XL watches. I can go on eBay right now and buy a real tourby movements on a normal sized watch direct from Hong Kong or China for a few hundred. Sterling has priced many meteorite tourbys at well under $1000. And no I don't mean fake tourbies, there are some real ones going that cheap on ebay. But they are 40mm at best on a strap, which is not something that interest me.
    I understand the reason for using a magnum because it's such a popular seller, but I think they shot themselves in the foot making this once rare model now flooding the market with 30 executions there by dropping the collector value almost in half from its debut price a few years ago. Ain't going to lie, I am super interested in the outcome of this piece. Like others have said I won't drop that much coin on Invicta, especially with what I've been through, but I will be watching out of sheer curiosity. I'll probably drool at the watch, but laugh at the price.

18. The Following Like This Post

This $260 FLYING tourby on a carbon fiber dial makes me wanna cry a little....
    https://www.evine.com/Product/623-376

20. The Following Like This Post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast