Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: STEINHART QC ADVISORY

Tyme Machine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

STEINHART QC ADVISORY

My fellow WIT's,
    It pains me to hear about this but I have learned that there is a strong possibility of a QC issue with the latest batch of Steinhart Ocean Titanium 500 GMT Premium, SKU# 103-0662 watches. I myself had my hand on the trigger for a purchase waiting for a new batch of these beauties to be re-stocked when I learned of this issue.

It seems that when the crown is pulled in and out, a shifting of the movement occurs inside the watch case. Steinhart denies even being aware of this, while concurrently receiving and responding to emails concerning this issue. I realize this appears to be a minor flaw but personally I for one don't want the hassle of having to send my new timepiece back to Germany, when this fault should not have left the manufacturer in the first place. Also it doesn't speak well, IMHO, for the QC or the honor of this company.

I love this company and own several of their timepieces and had high hope of purchasing many others in the future. However I will certainly look upon this news with a guarded eye for the future and most certainly remove my finger from the trigger of this purchase until I can be sure this issue has been resolved.

You have been forewarned !!!

2. The Following 2 Users Like This Post

Grand Tyme Master
    WatchinTyme Ambassador
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thank you very much for the warning, Big W!

4. The Following 2 Users Like This Post

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lived on Long Island, In Witness Protection Program in Las Vegas
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by watcher View Post
    My fellow WIT's,
    It pains me to hear about this but I have learned that there is a strong possibility of a QC issue with the latest batch of Steinhart Ocean Titanium 500 GMT Premium, SKU# 103-0662 watches. I myself had my hand on the trigger for a purchase waiting for a new batch of these beauties to be re-stocked when I learned of this issue.

It seems that when the crown is pulled in and out, a shifting of the movement occurs inside the watch case. Steinhart denies even being aware of this, while concurrently receiving and responding to emails concerning this issue. I realize this appears to be a minor flaw but personally I for one don't want the hassle of having to send my new timepiece back to Germany, when this fault should not have left the manufacturer in the first place. Also it doesn't speak well, IMHO, for the QC or the honor of this company.

I love this company and own several of their timepieces and had high hope of purchasing many others in the future. However I will certainly look upon this news with a guarded eye for the future and most certainly remove my finger from the trigger of this purchase until I can be sure this issue has been resolved.

You have been forewarned !!!
    Thanks for the warning. Steinhart is one of my favorite companies as well. I too have a number of their watches and intend to buy more in the future. Can you please document where it was that you learned of this issue?

SENT FROM MY FLIP PHONE USING TAPIOCA

6. The Following 2 Users Like This Post

Tyme Machine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the warning. Steinhart is one of my favorite companies as well. I too have a number of their watches and intend to buy more in the future. Can you please document where it was that you learned of this issue?
    Yes, Arthur....it was the Steinhart Watches Fan Page on Facebook and my own email communication with Steinhart.

8. The Following 3 Users Like This Post

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lived on Long Island, In Witness Protection Program in Las Vegas
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by watcher View Post
    Yes, Arthur....it was the Steinhart Watches Fan Page on Facebook and my own email communication with Steinhart.
    Thank you, this is disturbing news!!!

10. The Following Like This Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey, "things" happen.

I had a problem with my Steinhart and had it quickly resolved by their CS. I had to send it back to them but from the time I sent it until I received it back was about 4 weeks. (maybe less, its been awhile ago)

Of course this is what one can expected and should understand when you buy from an overseas company. Sometimes the watch needs to go back for service or repairs.
    Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey...

12. The Following 2 Users Like This Post

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

August 29/2018
    Is it normal for the movement and dial to move when pulling and pushing the crown?

I just got this watch. I emailed gnomon to see what I gotta do.

My Titanium 500 is rock solid when I push or pull the crown. I don't think that it is normal, even if you have GMT.

I can pull crown all the way out and gently push and pull it and my dial moves slightly.

When I look through the rear case I can see the movement moving around, looks slightly smaller than the spacer. I have been advised to return for warranty repair.

AD has agreed to get me a new one.

Gnomon watch responded, saying to send the watch back so they can look at, I have to fill out some form, they will reimburse my shipping cost up to 40 dollars.

Mine was purchased through a AD in UK
    The (CS) video below from one of the owners shows the issue. The movement shouldn't be moving and someone working on a batch may not have secured it down correctly.

I always try to keep an eye on these things should I come across concerns. This particular complaint was very recent and involved two owners so far. I have seen numerous reviews and videos of the Steinhart Ocean Titanium 500 GMT Premium watches since the initial release. Those reviews and videos never show or mention this issue. That is what leads me to believe it's more an isolated issue with a certain production. The two customers hopefully received another watch from the AD's or have a repair made at the vendors expense. If these things begin to occur with any pattern or frequency I could see red flags going up. The brand gets a fair amount of honest reviews and time will tell. I personally wouldn't hesitate spending my money to pick up another timepiece from Steinhart.

14. The Following 4 Users Like This Post

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by surelyuknow View Post
    Hey, "things" happen.

I had a problem with my Steinhart and had it quickly resolved by their CS. I had to send it back to them but from the time I sent it until I received it back was about 4 weeks. (maybe less, its been awhile ago)

Of course this is what one can expected and should understand when you buy from an overseas company. Sometimes the watch needs to go back for service or repairs.
    Sorry, but I disagree. I just purchased a Ocean 1 to which is still rapped and the ETA movement is flawed. ( I tested the workings before removing the wrappings ) I informed Steinhart and they told me to send the TIMEpiece back no charge and they will correct the issue. I understand things happen but damn!, This was my first TIME with this brand. I guess this dark cloud is still over me. Ha!
    I don't sweat I condensate and YYYeess...I'm still cool !

aka "TimeOnMySide" but you can call me Woody!

16. The Following Like This Post

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theTIME View Post
    Sorry, but I disagree. I just purchased a Ocean 1 to which is still rapped and the ETA movement is flawed. ( I tested the workings before removing the wrappings ) I informed Steinhart and they told me to send the TIMEpiece back no charge and they will correct the issue. I understand things happen but damn!, This was my first TIME with this brand. I guess this dark cloud is still over me. Ha!
    Sorry to hear about your issue Woody but trust me it'll all be worth it when you get your Ocean1 repaired and back on your wrist. This QC issue aside I consider Steinys one of the best "Bang For The Buck" brands out there. Dark clouds pass by.

18. The Following 2 Users Like This Post

Grand Tyme Master
    WatchinTyme Ambassador
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theTIME View Post
    Sorry to hear about the problem, Woody. Here is hoping that Steinhart lives up to it's great customer service reputation. Wishing you only the best of luck in getting it resolved, my friend.

20. The Following Like This Post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast