Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Legal help with Invicta stores fraudulence

Tyme Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyd View Post
    There is no available "ladder." The CS rep I've used is Andrea Rodriguez. Extremely nice and always helpful. She apologized and told me there was no one past this Gloria woman who I could escalate this issue to...
    So I went to corporate. Someone here listed Dean Campbell, a corporate lawyer who was helpful to them. He never replied. Today, after 3 more calls and an email this was his response...

"I am very sorry to have a delayed response. I did look into this situation and spoke with Gloria.

I understand that most of your purchases from the Invicta Stores are for re-sale. This is similar to a relationship between an Invicta distributor and a retailer. The Invicta Stores is acting as a distributor to you and therefore has an on-going relationship and sales history with you. Invicta Corporate—as the manufacturer—will not interfere with the relationship between a distributor and a retailer. Under this scenario, I must defer to Gloria and her handling of the situation. She has a better understanding of your purchase history and the previous dealings between the two parties. For these reasons I stand behind her response to your situation.

Best regards,

Dean Campbell

1 Invicta Way (3069 Taft St.)

Hollywood, Florida 33021, USA

P 954.921.2444 . F 954.921.2508

http://www.invictawatchgroup.com"

I am not, nor have I ever been a dealer. I have frequently caught sales and purchased watches to flip on Ebay to fund my own personal collection, as many of you have done.
    Invicta stores does not handle wholesale. So this was another blatant lie, now from invicta corporate. And even if this was part of a wholesale purchase I still have eye witnesses that saw the watch damaged.
    Bottom line. Invicta is the most fraudulent company I've ever has the misfortune of dealing with. Their history has proved this. Nothing has changed. Invictastores illegally refused to honor a 30 day money back guarantee after fraudulently selling me a damaged watch as new.

And NOONE from this million dollar company felt the decency to... not credit me... not give me an additional discount... JUST LET ME RETURN A DAMAGED PRODUCT.

Unreal...
    I'm wondering how they knew that you were selling some pieces on ebay. How could they say you are a dealer. To what extent could they delve into your personal business to know you flip some pieces. Kind of creeps me out a bit that they could know you flip some, or it creeps me out they care as they got paid their price.

2. The Following 2 Users Like This Post

Quote Originally Posted by curiousgeorge View Post
    I'm wondering how they knew that you were selling some pieces on ebay. How could they say you are a dealer. To what extent could they delve into your personal business to know you flip some pieces. Kind of creeps me out a bit that they could know you flip some, or it creeps me out they care as they got paid their price.
    Not hard to figure out when buying multiples of the same model. But I did mention to CS that receiving unwrapped pieces was an issue for many collectors, myself included.
    NEVER ONCE have I received an order from a merchant that drop ships from Zager (invicta wholesaler) unwrapped.
    If its unwrapped... SOMEONE UNWRAPPED IT. Not rocket science.

4. The Following 2 Users Like This Post

Yep, all those watches were tightly wrapped in Chiner.

Welcome to WatchinTyme, where you don't have to wipe your feet before entering! But don't bother me because I'm on my coffee break!

6. The Following Like This Post

I've delivered to that building in Piscataway NJ off of I287. There are three or four companies that share the building. I guess being a distributor of Invicta watches places like Unique Mechanics and others deal with them.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    I've delivered to that building in Piscataway NJ off of I287. There are three or four companies that share the building. I guess being a distributor of Invicta watches places like Unique Mechanics and others deal with them.
    Actually the "secret" was to buy from SWI. They also sold invicta wholesale, but prices differed dramatically from seller to seller according to the amount/cost purchased and prior buying relationships.
    I looked into Zager years ago and his "listed" wholesale prices were more expensive than consumer prices on amazon.

Take them to court based on fraud. Talk to a lawyer who sole purpose in life deals with fraud.

We did that with a local car dealer after being threatened and beat them at their own game. Took four years, too bad for them. Our case opened up a hole new can of worms for them. We won our 4 day jury trial, agreed to a very nice settlement and they needed up losing everything based on many more fraudulent dealings our case uncovered.

Sent from the White House on the tax payers dime.

10. The Following Like This Post

Lawyers typically only take cases on contingency when they see a good chance of prevailing. I'm not sure you'll find one to bite over a scratched wristwatch. Just guessing but I'd assume grief with a car dealership probably didn't involve a scratch.

And if the attorney isn't working on contingency you'll have some spectacular legal fees to cover. Probably enough to buy a yacht that would make Eyal's look like a leaky dingy. If the average Invictim had those types of resources they wouldn't be buying watches from invictastores.com - they'd send their butler to pick it up retail at the local boutique.

Also the legal community tends to research precedent. Apart from legal precedent there exists the precedent that suits against Invicta tend not to go forward due to the customer reaching stage 5 where all is forgiven or at least factored into the cost/benefit analysis.

A properly written letter citing the AVC is a lot cheaper and not much less likely to get results.

12. The Following Like This Post

Quote Originally Posted by curiousgeorge View Post
    They were quite probably just fishing. Their own policy allows purchases of up to five of a given model. They draw the line at six to avoid selling to dealers (according to their own website).

IS THERE A LIMIT ON HOW MANY WATCHES I CAN ORDER?

Yes, you may purchase up to 5 units of the same watch per transaction on our website. Our merchandise is not authorized for re-sale; we enforce this policy by limiting online watch purchases to 5 of each watch style per order. If you're interested in volume purchasing, please contact us.
    Not to put too fine a point on it but unless bobbyd bought six or more he's in compliance with Invicta's own definition of not being a dealer.

It's nobody's business whether anyone flips something on Ebay. If they really didn't want to see it happen they'd adopt Milt Spark's policy. Not only would they have to connect the customer dots they'd have to prove the Ebay flips produced a profit. They can't even read their own web site or understand their own policies. We're not dealing with a cabal of world class detectives here.

Even with an email admission of Ebay flipping they probably lack any proof that profits were realized - a necessary component of declaring someone a dealer as opposed to a hobbyist.

I guess since I invoked Milt Sparks attitude on flipping his long leadtime stuff I should post their policy:

Therefore, it is our policy going forward, that we will not accept any order, or an addition to any order and will cancel any order that has the distinctive identifiers of an order destined for speculative, or unauthorized dealer sales. As a manufacturer, we reserve the right to accept, decline or cancel any order, at any time, for any reason and that includes limiting the items on an individuals order. Furthermore, the Ebay speculators, as we determine who they are, will be forever relegated to our 'No Orders' list and we will ask our dealers to avoid these individuals as well.

Copyright infringement: Be aware that ANY reproduction of copyrighted material off this site, no matter how insignificant it may seem, is in violation of US and International copyright law, as well as Ebay rules regarding such. Unauthorized use of copyrighted material off this site will be reported without warning to Ebay, via Ebay's VeRO program and will result in the auction being removed.
    If Invicta was serious about Ebayers, which they certainly are not, they'd shut them down by the simple expedient of denying the use of their mark combined with putting them on a "no sell" list. In stark contrast they're just okay-fine with 5 of the same product at once. They have no basis to revoke their own return and warranty policies for product purchased in accordance with their own guidelines.

The "for resale" shuck and jive was a red herring.

14. The Following 2 Users Like This Post

ohhh invicta why why? I admit I love their watches... well not all of em lately. but their quality on certain item can be border line at best. In the same breath some quality can be outstanding. But those rubber straps....forget about it. I've sold almost all of my invite collections for 2 reasons, quality defects in their straps and poor custom service. and truth is..I can DEAL with the crappy straps! but not the poor custom service.

Im sorry you're having these troubles with no recourse but heres the best answers I have.

1.Sell it on the bay with a detail description be honest in your story an you might find a buyer. an who knows instead of only gettin back 100.00 maybe you only lose 50.00 some of those guys are DIY pros they'll take on the repair task.
    2. local jeweler: change the crystal.... flame fusion is not the scratch resistant miracle they claim anyway. (consider a strap change too while you're at it).
    3 . in my mind the best option...protest with your wallet...if this is the way invicta will treat you DONT SHOP WITH THEM.

don't spend your hard earned cash with ANY COMPANY I don't care who it is, that wont stand by what they preach or sell. I use to easily spend 500.00 dollars and over on invicta products and tell my friends how great the value and product was..... but not anymore... I could spend a whole Evine event with my tv channel unchanged for days ....but not anymore (time is dimes) ....I might watch for the once only. the deals that fit my expectations. otherwise I just can't anymore
    Heres what I've learned form the great men an women here at WATCHINTYME......WEAR WHAT YOU LIKE... and that has indeed worked well for me... but let me also add. SHOP WHERE YOU TRUST
    L.T.R
    Learn Teach Repeat

16. The Following 6 Users Like This Post

Tyme Machine
    So if you buy multiples of up to 5 watches which is what they say you can it's okay if they ship you scratched watches because even though you helped them get rid of inventory at their listed sale price you somehow if get a less then perfect watch you have forfeited your rights to return them. If it were Evine or World of Watches, or ebay or Amazon you would be pissed at those companies, not Invicta. Here though it is much more telling about what Invicta thinks of their customers. InvictaStore is their retail unit, run solely by them. Pretty sad that this goes on and people should just take it. Haven't bought from InvictaStore and just going to continue to not if this is the kind of results you get when a problem arises.

18. The Following 3 Users Like This Post

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast