Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Legal help with Invicta stores fraudulence

Legal help with Invicta stores fraudulence

I'll summarize the worst customer experience I've ever received in my 40 years....
    I purchased a very expensive Invicta watch from Invicta stores.com in the amount of 1253. 10 days later, the watch was delivered to my local FedEx because it required a signature. The guys know me from previous purchases and asked to see the watch. I frustratingly joked it was probably scratched like 50% of the watches I purchase from Invicta, and opened up the Box in front of the employees. Of course, I pulled out a scratched watch with no Factory wrap. I promply took the watch home and emailed a return request. I was asked Buy customer to send photos of the scratches so they could escalate it to their "Quality Control Department". I obliged and received an email from a supervisor (Gloria del Ray) refusing to allow the return and offering me a $30 credit on my account instead. Really?? She further told me the reason for refusal of return was she checked with the warehouse and the warehouse, which mind you sells thousands of watches per day, confirmed that MY SPECIFIC watch sent to me brand new still in Factory plastic. When I replied that that was a lie because I have witnesses from FedEx stating the condition of the watch when it was removed from the box, I was ignored.
    I contacted Dean Campbell and gave him all the information. He confirmed receipt via phone and email after three emails however never followed up after he promised he would get back to me. The next step was to open up a fraudulent dispute with my credit card. Two months go by and they recharge me because Invicta stated I still have the watch. Well, of course I still have the damn watch they refused to let me return it! Citibank then recommended I go through their damage and theft purchase protection program. I wouldn't get the entire amount refunded but up to $1,000. I was just denied that reimbursement because apparently scratches aren't covered under their purchase protection program!!! So as of right now I am at a huge loss. How can Invicta get away with this?!?!

Anyone with a legal background? Can I take this to small claims court? Can I do it locally? And can I sue Invicta for fraudulence, lack of adherence to their own return policy? Can I sue for legal costs as well as the purchase price?
    The amount of time I've wasted so far on this, being told by Citibank I had to get a letter on letterhead from a licensed Jeweler repair store stating you can't fix scratches on gold plating and waiting hours on hold with Invicta, all for nothing? And being out $1253??
    What a nightmare!

Legal ideas greatly appreciated.

2. The Following 8 Users Like This Post

Don't know at this point and this isn't going to help you but, upon opening and seeing the damage you should have refused delivery and let fedex send it back.

4. The Following Like This Post

She further told me the reason for refusal of return was she checked with the warehouse and the warehouse, which mind you sells thousands of watches per day, confirmed that MY SPECIFIC watch sent to me brand new still in Factory plastic. When I replied that that was a lie because I have witnesses from FedEx stating the condition of the watch when it was removed from the box, I was ignored.
    Sounds a little far-fetched even with the order number and the stock picker/ selector in the warehouse scanned or signed off on the pick ticket. I doubt they took the watch out and inspected it. If that is part of the protocol for stock pickers and they took a shortcut, do you think they are going to admit they never checked? They should give the customer the benefit of the doubt, especially under the circumstances of this incident. I've had expensive equipment on my truck for an opening order and the pickers never opened to check for damage. Some guys are really good, but there are many slackers who never bother to check and if they are caught get written up. Best of luck getting something resolved to your satisfaction.

Something else to keep in mind. The watches that Invicta stores sell don't always come from a "warehouse" They will ship the items from a retail location that has the item in stock. If you still have the original package look at the label to see where it was shipped from. I've had stuff come from Woodbrdge NJ location and others shipped from the Christiana Mall Newark, DE location. The Woodbridge Center items were perfect, but the Christiana Mall items were unwrapped, scratched with fingerprints. A blind man could tell they were handled in store and should not have been sold or shipped out as new items. Even without the original carton, the tracking number shows the breadcrumb trail. The origin point the shipment originates from, etc.

6. The Following Like This Post

Do you have a local TV channel that helps right wrongs? We have a few here in the DFW area that seem to get good results when they contact the company for you. The companies don't like the bad publicity if they turn down the local TV stations? Just a thought and Good Luck!

8. The Following 4 Users Like This Post

The BBB is probably filled with complaints that were not settled, so that probably won't work either. I received a dead SAN 5 auto and requested a replacement. I received an unwrapped watch which had a lot of black oil on it. It cleaned it and I really wanted that model so I kept it. But I certainly do not think it was new and wrapped, but possibly a return or repaired return. So no, they do not 'always send 'wrapped, new watches'. I wonder if a local lawyer may do it and sue for the cost/price and legal fees.

Welcome to WatchinTyme, where you don't have to wipe your feet before entering! But don't bother me because I'm on my coffee break!

10. The Following 2 Users Like This Post

Did you try speaking to Gloria del Ray's supervisor? Keep going up the ladder til you get the right one. Heck, write Eyal!
    I don't sweat I condensate and YYYeess...I'm still cool !

aka "TimeOnMySide" but you can call me Woody!

12. The Following 3 Users Like This Post

That was what I would recommend. Check your local TV stations for help. I also would get in touch with the BBB in your state and in Florida, they already have a less than satisfactory rating there. Even better, you may want to get in touch with the states attorneys office in Florida. I'm sure they have many other complaints.

This is the kind of thing (and other issues) why I'll never do business with them again even If I like what I see. They just can't be trusted, customer service in most cases is none existent and Eyal words are meaningless.

Sorry for your problems with them... Live and learn!
    Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey...

14. The Following 4 Users Like This Post

Quote Originally Posted by surelyuknow View Post
    That was what I would recommend. Check your local TV stations for help. I also would get in touch with the BBB in your state and in Florida, they already have a less than satisfactory rating there. Even better, you may want to get in touch with the states attorneys office in Florida. I'm sure they have many other complaints.

This is the kind of thing (and other issues) why I'll never do business with them again even If I like what I see. They just can't be trusted, customer service in most cases is none existent and Eyal words are meaningless.

Sorry for your problems with them... Live and learn!
    I agree. BBB AND state attorney.

Welcome to WatchinTyme, where you don't have to wipe your feet before entering! But don't bother me because I'm on my coffee break!

16. The Following 2 Users Like This Post

This is one of the reasons that I really started to get away from that brand. I like A lot of their offerings but it’s just not worth the risk based on this kind of story and tons just like it. I think legal action cost you more than the cost of the watch. If it is able to be re-polished or we brushed I would say do that and move along and not patronize their brand anymore. As you guys know I’m a policeman and often times what the law states is not always what is just and fair. Many times I recommend to people, when I can’t assist them legally, to contact one of the local news stations. It seems that when the news people get involved wheels start to turn more. I don’t do social media at all but possibly that as a platform as well. Overall I don’t think that you really have any recourse that won’t cost more than what you’ve already spent. I feel terrible for you and know the feeling as we bought a used car for my wife to burn miles into as she drives a lot for work and the dealer was dishonest and it cost us money. In sum I’d never purchase that brand again, air your grievances with little editorial and all fact via any avenue you can, try to salvage what you can. So sorry to hear this bro:(
    Some men are morally opposed to violence. Fortunately for them, the men that protect them are not

18. The Following 2 Users Like This Post

Quote Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
    Don't know at this point and this isn't going to help you but, upon opening and seeing the damage you should have refused delivery and let fedex send it back.
    Honestly didn't know that was an option, once opened. Plus the plan was to request a replacement with an actual new watch.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast