Brother WIT Seeks Advice

misterjingles

Tyme Twister
Okay, fellows, this is to be kept "on the down low," or, for those of you who've never been outside of Rio Lindo, this is a most big SEEKRET!!!! I found an egg-salent price for this particular wartch, as pictured below, and so kindly modeled for us by Joel...

dzK26yl.jpg

Oh, H-E-DOUBLE-HOCKEY-STICKS, that is sooooo LAME!!

atuXALZ.jpg

THAT's bettuh! This is a SEIKO "SUMO" PADI automatic diver wartch, and I've managed to locate one for right around five-hunnerd smax, or sew...AND it's BRAND NEW, WHIFF TAGS!

0EQIJAD.jpg

Ain't it purty? Well, eYe think it is!!

qLJYcMA.jpg

The only trouble is that Missus Maus has said that NO, I simply CANNOT GET this wartch...

XXSI7mY.jpg

However, comma, I HAVE plenty of credit on my SEEEKRET CREDIT CARD (SHHHH!! She'll hear the KEYS rattling on my keyboard!!) ANY-WHO, I could easily put this on the old carderoo, and pay it off -- easy-peasy JAPANEEZY! over time...

AND SHE NEVER HAS TO KNOW...AHEM! Yes...

5gD7Ewx.jpg

So whaddaya THINK, my fellow brutha's, my friends, my colleagues, MY BLOODY-DAMNED ENABLERS!!!??

This is der Maus, in sooper-sekret hyding, awaiting your advice and presentiments, and sew fourth...

If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything :wink:

If buying it won't stress your finances I say go for it...but if you do, what happens if Frau Maus sees it on your wrist?

I know you have been after this for a while...but as they say...

16isa0.jpg

You know if playing wit fire or not?! I like everything bout this SUMO, heck, there is nothing not to
like!

well just keep in mind mouse that the human divorce rate is 50% between the ages of 20 y.o. and 90 y.o.

Mr. Mouse.... aka MJ and aka Mister Jingles.

Only you know your relationship.

Will getting the watch mean a night on the couch? Will it mean a finger wag and eye-roll then the two of you move on? Or will it cause a serious arguement? No watch is worth living in an unhappy home. (well maybe a Breitling... lol) I would not keep it a secret. It would be one thing if you hadn't discussed it first... but you specifially did. So it is wrong to then keep it a secret and essentially lie to her.

Rather if it's that important to you I'd just tell her: "I'm sorry I really wanted this one so I did it and I am willing to take my medicine for the transgression. And BTW sorry for not being able to control my watch habit, honey."

IMHO... since you asked, it is a far worse offense to your relationship to lie about the watch and not tell her than it would be to just be upfront about it. And on top of that, how much would you really enjoy wearing it in that case? Would you worry about getting "caught" or just feel guilty? Only you can answer those questions.

and btw... or additionally.

there's a saying in poker, in tournaments esp, "everyone gets their 'one time'" Meaning everyone gets that one shot at being really lucky to get them out of a jam and keep them playing.

Is this Padi worth your "one time?" Or is there someone else out there, some grail that you'd sooner take this relationship hit to own?

I love the wartch! That being said, my wife stopped complaining, at least to me. When I order something, she works from home so she sees the package before I do. I’ve been married almost 15 years and she may shake her head once in a while. I used to show her a picture of a watch and if she liked it I would order it. I just don’t show her any longer. A watch is not worth the dog house or a loss in trust in each other. I didn’t like the guilt back then. A good wife is hard to find. A good watch is always there!

You definitely have a decision to make. What I would do in your shoes is to bring it up again and ask for an early or late birthday gift. Or maybe your anniversary is coming up and you could point out how nice that particular gift would be, making sure to treat her equally nice. If you just go ahead and get it when she already said no would be to put future anniversaries in jeopardy. Good luck whatever you wind up doing.

Thank you all very much for your wonderful sagacity (I once dated a blonde who thought "sagacity" meant one's own individual tendency to have saggy skin...); it is both humbling and affirming. My lovely lady and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary this past August, and in that considerable amount of time, I have [largely] successfully applied the Naval Aviator's Credo, when it comes to the acquisition of gnu wartches: it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. It is time-tested and aviator approved, though we never use it, say, in the commission of adultery, mainly because we just don't bother with adultery. (Well, there WAS this woman in the Seiko Store in Singapore, but I wasn't there that time, so it never counted...)

Please allow me to offer all of you's my sincerest tanks & appreciations for your supoilative responses ovuh hear... :outstand:

30 YEARS.:hmm:...................Good Luck!:wink:

Meh. Let it go. I love those. But I fear the chapter ring would be misaligned. So with that said. I’ve not bought another Seiko as I’m 1 for 1 with a perfect watch with everything aligned perfectly.

Most importantly no sense in buying a watch on the downlow. Then you’ll have to wear it on the downlow. Not worth it.

Sent from the White House on the tax payers dime.

Back
Top Bottom