Getting burned out? (Watch Hobby)

roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member
AGF-l7_QJPrmkhZ2hBB43rWAMdziAkJTfrAI8sU8Sg=s48-c-k-c0xffffffff-no-rj-mo

Published on Sep 15, 2019

Random Rob

It’s ok to feel burned out, reset and refocus is needed.
Enjoy what you have and who you know. This is a hobby, make it fun again.

:)Thanks for posting this up, Mike.:hat:

Getting burned out? (Watch Hobby)

:no:Yes I am.

Wait....

giphy.gif

I must say that there are days when I just do not give a rat's ass about watches.

giphy.gif

I have more days like that than I care to admit. There are some days I couldn't care less if they were all thrown out or lost if my house burns to the ground. Like a fire ecological system renewing my watch free world.

Oh take me back to the start. I was just guessing at numbers and figures pulling the puzzles apart

I've only bought two watches all this year for a total of $100. Not that I'm not interested in a ton of what's posted here just when you have close to 300 watches from about 150 companies it's tough to really feel a need for anymore.

If you find yourself getting frustraited, angry, putt-off or otherwise down about your hobby, you might be burnt out and its probably tie to assess your behavior as it is likely leading you to these emotions. As Rob points out there are ways around this.

But just temporarily loosing interest is normal. Whether it be an hour, a day a month or a few years, its ok to walk away.

my days as a fast draw artist are in the past... though i have squeezed off a few shots lately... addictions are funny things and even in the NBZ i'm an addict on sabbatical

I’m on a break as we speak. Last few timepieces purchased I didn’t have the normal excitement running through me. Time to chill and enjoy the ones i have.

I’m on a break as we speak. Last few timepieces purchased I didn’t have the normal excitement running through me. Time to chill and enjoy the ones i have.

I have multiple hobbies and burnout is an issue with all of them. For instance, I'm a plastic model builder, have a real love for my chosen subjects, but haven't been able to get back to the work bench for four years. Have projects started, just no desire to get there.
Watches have almost completely stalled but in the last year I have picked up two that I had been really wanting for quite some time. Other than that I've trimmed way back on everything "watch".

It has to do with what's coming out and not much to look forward to. My existing collection will see me thru this slower period. :dance2:

I must say that there are days when I just do not give a rat's ass about watches.

almost feels like it's tyme to start wearing big boy pants...translation...sometimes a watch obsession makes me feel self indulged with what goes on in the country-world-my fam

" burn-out " another subject...aka adrenal fatigue... it's from firing up the synapses 1 too many tymes... 7 years in the monestary cures that and most anything else... meaning... best thing for burn-out is rest/sleep/solitude... aka NBZ for your mind & body

I have multiple hobbies and burnout is an issue with all of them. For instance, I'm a plastic model builder, have a real love for my chosen subjects, but haven't been able to get back to the work bench for four years. Have projects started, just no desire to get there.
Watches have almost completely stalled but in the last year I have picked up two that I had been really wanting for quite some time. Other than that I've trimmed way back on everything "watch".

I'm in pretty much the same boat. I do have 2 watches on order from a while back: the Ventus Northstar 300 and the Aevig Huldra 2. Other than that, I'm content with what I have. Seiko's price increases have helped temper things too. I'd say that I'd been buying watches to feed my obsession. Now that the appetite isn't so pronounced, I'd rather have 1 luxurey watch rather than 10 affordables. I'm planning on taking it easy and saving up for something special.

This hits home...

Quite a while back, you couldn't keep me off a golf course...I haven't touched a club in years and I wonder why...

I also have two motorcycles in the gararge...there didn't used to be a time when I wasn't riding daily...no more...

Now I'm not a young man anymore and can't say if that has anything to do with it...because I miss both of those things, but haven't come to a point to pick them back up...

I am now weening myself off buying watches...still love to look and lust, but the time has come to really take a break...other more pressing financial things play a part, but do I need another watch?...No...

Will I still bother you guys here? Of course I will...you'll just have to put up with the "same old, same old"

:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom