Thanks Buzz! Invicta Paracord Pro Diver

2manywatches

Tyme Machine
When Buzz posted up his, I was drooling. Just something about this combination of color and design, so simple and clean, but compelling. Had my order placed in hours and it arrived within days. Finally getting around to continuing to post up my most recent buys (then it's break time, to just enjoy the collection) and this is one of them, the Pro Diver on a paracord strap.

Classic diver design, though just 100m WR, mineral crystal, push/pull crown, unidirectional diver bezel (the raised, silvered and polished numerals nicely picking up the silver of the stainless case), and powered by the always reliable auto that Invicta, and so many brands, case up so nicely, the 3Hz, approx. 40 hour PR Seiko NH35A, giving a date window, the movement visible through an exhibition case back, and, on top, a very sparse dial adornment, with applied indices, which just adds to the clean look, for my taste.

It hasn't always been easy for me to find a sharp white dial diver, and often, in so many styles, light dials are silver instead of white, and so this is a look I've long wanted, so I was very pleased -- the white is so smartly offset with the red seconds hand, the black bezel, and the navy band. A study in the art of contrasts.

TFgMPL0.jpg

biKc9AX.jpg

eQXud7o.jpg

My somewhat recent craze with NATO's, going from not having any and hating them, to now loving their simple versatility and ability to transform and customize the look of a watch, encouraged me to order a very price friendly six pack of NATO's, which turned out to be of good quality and increases the range of wardrobe options even more for this watch, given the adaptive nature of a plain white dial and black bezel.

I'm currently settled on the black, again kind of picking up that idea of contrasts.

I did read some concerns from folks that they found the paracord to loosen itself up over the course of a day and I can see how the design could do so -- it doesn't have any pin and buckle portion -- but, for me, tucking the excess back under the band itself, I had no issue with it, so the paracord works for me, giving a different kind of strap option, but I am equally happy with the various NATO options now.

zeLoqdx.jpg

WfPPqmu.jpg

PLaxvTh.jpg

caqkGpB.jpg

JdzEO3Z.jpg

8RwFjoC.jpg

Y82HAnB.jpg

Amazing how the simple strap change transforms the look, and gives so many options.

Thanks Buzz, for sharing your purchase! I've been blessed so much by posts from others in my watch buying through the years, finding some truly great purchases thanks to fellow watch enthusiasts.

Thanks all for reading! Happy Watchery!

:outstand:Very sharp indeed! :up:A big congratulations!:applaud:

Most on here will go out of their way to hook you up to links ~~Stufffff and helps ya get intel. get yuour fix here. See Lee :)

Most on here will go out of their way to hook you up to links ~~Stufffff and helps ya get intel. get yuour fix here. See Lee :)

Yuppers, this is the watch forum I was always looking for, and hadn't found. Great people, great watches, great deals, everything about making this hobby/passion/insanity even more enjoyable!

site I was turned on to. Wooden watches. https://www.woodwatches.com/

Thanks! Some exciting designs on that site. Seems somewhat more to my liking than Holzkern. I can definitely see a wooden watch design in my future. I like my Invicta, but taking it beyond the wood dial is very appealing.

I see Holzkern keeps growing, so it's seems a market segment is sure embracing this look. In taking a quick glance at the site, it seems Holzkern has added a lot of new stone dials options now (even a peacock feather dial), since last I looked.

Geez, just never gets old, all the watches in the world, haha!

Geez, you certainly took the watch to another level. Glad I can be somewhat of an inspiration. I did the tuck on the paracord myself and it worked just fine. Great look with all the Nato variations. I bought a few straps myself and love the looks the watch took on. Congratulations and keep on strapping! :up:

There's just something soooo cooool about seeing something you like being worn by a fellow WIT, and you like it enough to obtain one for yourself! What IS it they say? Imitation is the sincerest form of flatulence? Or something like that... :dunno: Anyhow, I can see why you like this, as it kicks backside and takes names in a most heavy-duty manner! And you're absolutely spot-on about the combination between that cord color and the white dial; it's even more awesome than a grilled possum slathered in A-1 steak sauce'm!! CONGRATULATIONS, comrade 2Many, and may you enjoy the H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks outta this kick-butt selection! (WOOF!!)

Thanks! Some exciting designs on that site. Seems somewhat more to my liking than Holzkern. I can definitely see a wooden watch design in my future. I like my Invicta, but taking it beyond the wood dial is very appealing.

I see Holzkern keeps growing, so it's seems a market segment is sure embracing this look. In taking a quick glance at the site, it seems Holzkern has added a lot of new stone dials options now (even a peacock feather dial), since last I looked.

Geez, just never gets old, all the watches in the world, haha!

Nice looking 50mm Miyota 9100 watch on there I might buy

sawyer-57-front-angled.png

Features sapphire crystal glass
reinforced double deployment buckle
screw-down crown
case width: 49.6mm
case thickness: 13.8mm
lug ends: 58.7mm
band thickness: 26mm
band length: 215mm

Movement Citizen Miyota 9100 Automatic Mechanical Multi-Function
display: power reserve hours - minutes
second - date - month - day - 24H
jewel bearing: 26 jewel
power reserve: 40 hours
tuning fork type: quartz crystal
frequency: 28,800 BPH (beats per hour)
installed shock-absorber device
drive system: self-winding (no battery)

Finish & Care The natural koa is hand finished and pretreated with tung oils. The Sawyer is splash-proof but should not be submerged in water (3 ATM).

Lemon or orange oil extract is best for cleaning the natural wood. When storing this timepiece, avoid extremely hot, cold, and excessively dry/humid environments.

screw-down crown

Finish & Care The natural koa is hand finished and pretreated with tung oils. The Sawyer is splash-proof but should not be submerged in water (3 ATM).

Lemon or orange oil extract is best for cleaning the natural wood. When storing this timepiece, avoid extremely hot, cold, and excessively dry/humid environments.

That was the one that most stood out to me as well. A unique look, for sure, and very handsome.

Geez, you certainly took the watch to another level. Glad I can be somewhat of an inspiration. I did the tuck on the paracord myself and it worked just fine. Great look with all the Nato variations. I bought a few straps myself and love the looks the watch took on. Congratulations and keep on strapping! :up:

Inspiring indeed, and I'm super happy with it. The set of straps was like eight bucks or something, so, including the watch, it wound up being about a hundred smackers, all in, I think, to end up with a watch that has a ton of wearability to it. And I love that they sized it up with the larger case.

And, yes I'm not quite sure how folks are winding up with the paracord strap coming undone, unless some very vigorous hand movements happening, lol, I don't know. I didn't find that it slipped either, despite not having a pinned buckle element to it. I think the paracord gives a great "adventure" look to the watch. Just an overall super versatile piece.

There's just something soooo cooool about seeing something you like being worn by a fellow WIT, and you like it enough to obtain one for yourself! What IS it they say? Imitation is the sincerest form of flatulence? Or something like that... :dunno: Anyhow, I can see why you like this, as it kicks backside and takes names in a most heavy-duty manner! And you're absolutely spot-on about the combination between that cord color and the white dial; it's even more awesome than a grilled possum slathered in A-1 steak sauce'm!! CONGRATULATIONS, comrade 2Many, and may you enjoy the H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks outta this kick-butt selection! (WOOF!!)

Thanks Mister J! And, yes, I agree, it's always been so awesome to see the same watch on another wrist. I mean, not that the odds of such happening are that remote I suppose, haha, given the number of watches of whatever specific model get sold, but the mutual appreciation seems to magnify personal happiness with the watch somehow, at least for me. Possibly some distant genetic trait about belonging or something, haha. Or, maybe it's just the flatulence!

LOL, subbing in that word makes great sense of this quote from Adlai Stevenson I: "Flatulence is all right if you don't inhale."

Thanks for the congrats. I think I'll celebrate with some possum and A-1!

screw-down crown

Louis these are more money direct. It looks like Amazon has the Koa & Bronze for $79.00 less. They also have Ebony and Ultramarine, but that one is even more.

https://www.amazon.com/JORD-Wooden-...WB/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me= $297.00

6824fcf1c8d24f5ae41fc8b2a4f9f889_large.jpg

sawyer-56-front-angled-share.jpg

Sweet!
The white dial dark bezel, color combo has always been attractive. Nice pickup, Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom