Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What kind of Collector are you really?

What kind of Collector are you really?

We all have one thing in common here Watches no matter the size, shape, brand or movement if it ticks or sweeps we wear it.
    But have you ever asked yourself what kind of a collector I'm I really? I know I have I have my moments where I don't wanna wear nothing
    but a diver other a dress watch or what my next purchase will be. So I decided to do a rundown.

1)Dress Watches come in all shapes and sizes from a now outdated size of 33mm to 43mm depending on the brand
    they can be worn with a suite but also causal like with a t-shirt and jeans.

2)Diver watches are probably the most famous type of watches their rugged, can get wet without one having to worry about
    damage and best of all look freaking cool. And who doesn't like to brag about how deep/far their diver can go not to mention one
    of the most copied and famous watches is a diver the Rolex Submariner.

3)Pilot watches are still a hot trend even though most who wear one are probably not pilots and even those that are pilots
    only wear them as a backup. Pilot watches have been around since the 19th century we can all thank Cartier for that with the
    Cartier Santos if it wasn't for that watch we wouldn't have the IWC Big Pilots, Breguet Type XX, Breitling Chronomat to name a few
    yes most modern Pilot watches are usually big like 45mm+ and really serve no purpose but if they still manage to sell so their doing
    something right.

4)Chronographs are one of those types of watches that most including myself buy but I'll be 100% honest here rarely or never use
    sure they can measure how fast one's going around a track or how long it will take a car to go from 0-60 and of course
    we can't forget about other types of movements like Flybacks, Rattrappantte, and of course famous chronographs like the Rolex Daytona
    4130, A.Lange & Sohne Double and Triple Split, Zenith El Primo and the Breitling B01 to name a few.

5)Causal type watches now this could be one of those watches where it can be a diver in the 40-42mm range like
    a Submariner or an Omega Seamaster 300m both are rugged enough to be worn with a wetsuit but can also
    be worn with a business suit or an evening out on the town. And same can be said with a watch like an IWC Pilot Mark Xviii
    which can be worn with a t-shirt and jeans or shorts and sandals while also flying your $1,000,000 private jet.

Well, there you have it the 5 type of watches most of us buy or wear. I didn't want to do Smart watches cause I don't think
    they should count as real watches more like electronics but if you're into that sought of thing more power to you I personally
    can't see myself wearing or buying one unless they were dirt cheap. I forgot to mention the reason why I didn't bring up GMTs,
    Perpetual Calendars and Sports watches is they can found in the watches listed above.
    I got nothing. copyrighted by Patsfan1001

2. The Following 6 Users Like This Post

Tyme Machine
    To answer the actual question asked I'm an Obsessive Compulsive Collector who has more then I'll ever need and not as many as I will end up having when the final bell tolls for me.

4. The Following 11 Users Like This Post

Grand Tyme Master
    WatchinTyme Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by curiousgeorge View Post
    To answer the actual question asked I'm an Obsessive Compulsive Collector who has more then I'll ever need and not as many as I will end up having when the final bell tolls for me.
    ^^^^^+1^^^^^

6. The Following 4 Users Like This Post

Since you asked: most of my watches worn in rotation are Divers; lots are Android designs/ Wing inspired and Zelos, more Specialty designs.

8. The Following Like This Post

I know what you mean I have so many watches some and when I say some like 95% of what I have never got worn or has only
    be worn a few times.
    I got nothing. copyrighted by Patsfan1001

10. The Following 2 Users Like This Post

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lived on Long Island, In Witness Protection Program in Las Vegas
    Almost all divers, a couple of fliegers, dress when it's called for.

SENT FROM MY FLIP PHONE USING TAPIOCA

12. The Following Like This Post

Tyme Watcher
    How bout that...after taking a step back and examining my collection, I discovered that approx 2/3rds of my collection are divers. Wow, didn’t realize my attraction was that skewed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, agree or in other words oooohhhh pretty, come to Chris my precious, come to me and never leave...
    Android/Aragon, who cares as long as its Wing!!!

15. The Following Like This Post

Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan1001 View Post
    We all have one thing in common here Watches no matter the size, shape, brand or movement if it ticks or sweeps we wear it.
    But have you ever asked yourself what kind of a collector I'm I really?
    Nope.
    Cake. ​It does the body good.
    The original ​cake guy!

Quote Originally Posted by hkshooter View Post
    Nope.
    Me neither, HK.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast