gman66

Tyme Master Jr.
Founding Member
Invicta Pro Diver Titanium

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

This watch looks truly amazing with the mesh bracelet; it gives it a more sporty look than the OEM 'oyster' strap it originally came on. What is it they say over in Old Blighty? "A change is as good as a rest." Yup, that's a definite truism! Well done, sir, and many thanks for sharing! :wink:

This watch does not get very much by way of wrist time, but I won't go into the long tale behind that. Instead, I'd rather just revel in the uniqueness of this very special ANDROID wartch. It was called the "Galactopus," and it was billed by Wing as his first sattempt at smart watch technology, and although it did not link up with anything outside of its own internal firmware, such as the internet or even phone service, it was, for a time, sort of a semi-high tech watch model that was fun to goof around with, and its 24mm strap width meant that there were (and still are) a lot of strap options in wearing this. Up first is a shot of the Galactopus on red stingray strap, and one of several watch faces it could display...

Need more stingray? Okay, here's a lovely GREEN shade ofthat amazing, "all pebbly" skin...

And here's a look at one of Galactopus' other faces, the 'tourbillon,' complete with a programmed-in, teensy-weensy deviation between it and the actual time that rules all of Siderial space, not to mention the Earth and its many, um, factions shall we say...

And finally, here's a quick look at the so-called digital face of the Galactopus, one which I believe was the most popular among the limited selections Wing provided. The watch DID have a touch-screen, but its capabilities were again limited, either because the technology was still in its relative youth, or, more likely, adding too much technology and would make its sticker price well above acceptable. (As it was, and if I remember it correctly -- always a concern at my age -- the price for the rig was around $300 U.S. Smacks, a pretty goodly amount of moolah in ANY age, non?
:))

In the end, sales of this watch were slow, and that trend continued, so much so that Wing started selling them off for ~$150 U.S. Bones, or, put anopther way, 50% off. After about a year and-a-half, the Galactopus quietly "slid beneath the waves," and simply was no more. Those of us who kept them weren't (and still aren't!) too sure what to do with this pioneering effort in bringing a digital "smart" watch to the world. Unfortunately for Wing and his Galactopus, the world just wasn't interested enough to make this particular watch viable in a market that literally changes from minute to minute, and even second to second...

Have a terrific TGIF celebration wherever you may be, mes amies!

Happy Friday with my favorite Seiko in my collection

ajbtY9.jpg

ocQM6P.jpg

AOYWx9.jpg

yP46NJ.jpg

Seiko Velatura Kinetic Direct Drive

Happy Friday everyone! Here's another classic from the Android collection

This for T. G. I. F. morning, might have to switch to something more funky this afternoon!
2aa1918d70a82b5fa960e16d313ff608.jpg
a484f2d61c668521d4afaa787e2df9de.jpg

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Day Two With The Vostok Europe, Almaz, Space Station - Bronze, Limited Edition.
c05950a0be786a7b5660d724fd8038b7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom