• Keep it

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WatchSteve

Tyme Master Jr.
Staff member
Founder
We have enabled a Discord Chat feature on the forum.

It is the little icon in the bottom corner of the forum. Click on it, register with your WatchinTyme user name and try it out of you like.
It is currently being tested for your feedback. It is mainly used as a gaming chat function, but some here have expressed a desire for a chat feature. I don't know a lot about it so I will be relying on your feedback.

Thanks and enjoy!

Private messaging is useful enough for me and truth be told, I'm not much for chatting on the tel either. I appreciate what Steve does here to keep upgrading and in times with technology. Some things may not be for everyone, it's always good to hear both sides of the feedback, all input whether positive or negative is a good thing IMO.

Thanks Steve for the option of chat. I don't know much about this app or any app but I'll keep my options open.
P.S. I can see some chatting going on as I'm typing this and the chatting that is showing is already unnerving me. But I'll give it a shot.

Thanks Steve for the option of chat. I don't know much about this app or any app but I'll keep my options open.
P.S. I can see some chatting going on as I'm typing this and the chatting that is showing is already unnerving me. But I'll give it a shot.

LOL...Woody...where are you looking? Nothing "unnervering" going on...just some testing banter...

The chatting was showing on my tablet above the icon and interfering with my typing. Nothing to big, just didn't think I'd see the chat unless I clicked and entered the chat room. But I have to give it some TIME, it maybe a useful tool. :D

I’m gonna fold on this hand Steve. Still, thank you for all you do for the forum. :hat:

This has come up a few times about a chat feature.
So, let's put this to rest. I have put a poll up for the chat feature. Place your vote today if it stays or goes.

PS. The poll does not show everyone how you vote.

I see no reason to remove it if some like the feature. No one is being forced to use the app. I'm curious if unregistered people can also join the chat? I know the forum itself can have visitors in the shadows, but does this app work the same way?

OJEnXkV.jpg

I see no reason to remove it if some like the feature. No one is being forced to use the app. I'm curious if unregistered people can also join the chat? I know the forum itself can have visitors in the shadows, but does this app work the same way?

OJEnXkV.jpg

I just logged out and entered the chat with no problem.
I can see everything in there. That doesn't' seem very private.:dunno:

Anyone can join the chat. It's not private at all, it's on the internet :lol:
If you register then you can instant message other joined members privately

:hmm:The forum is on the internet as well, but there are restrictions to non-registered people.

Private messaging is useful enough for me and truth be told, I'm not much for chatting on the tel either. I appreciate what Steve does here to keep upgrading and in times with technology. Some things may not be for everyone, it's always good to hear both sides of the feedback, all input whether positive or negative is a good thing IMO.
^^^^^+1:cheers:^^^^^

Don't think I'll be using it but if others here like using it, it's no skin off my back. Thanks for being open and offering the option for those that want it Steve.

I did not know what it was? I appreciate all that Steve and Moderators do here so we all have a positive experience and promote our love of watches. I will vote, but not for me!

I have a few friends here who I have talked with through the pm system. It has worked just fine for me. I'm not much of a talker, and I don't use it that often. I spent so much time on the phone in my career that I rarely use the phone now. But my family all seem to be looking down at their phones constantly. Funny how things change. Personally, I don't need another option to converse with a fellow member. For those of you who do, go ahead on. But when I think about it, I really joined this forum for the free watches and beer. The rest is just, well, stuff. :)

I voted keep it, just because I can see a value here. I am frustrated with this particular app in the way that I can't log into it even though I am logged into it everywhere else. I will use it from time to time.

I have a few friends here who I have talked with through the pm system. It has worked just fine for me. I'm not much of a talker, and I don't use it that often. I spent so much time on the phone in my career that I rarely use the phone now. But my family all seem to be looking down at their phones constantly. Funny how things change. Personally, I don't need another option to converse with a fellow member. For those of you who do, go ahead on. But when I think about it, I really joined this forum for the free watches and beer. The rest is just, well, stuff. :)

:think:My message inbox must be on the fritz.:dunno:

I keep missing the free watches & beer:foot:

Back
Top Bottom