$4 purchase

Gerard the Grunt

Tyme Teller
I was at the dollar store earlier, and saw a $4 quartz ladies watch with a silicone strap that had a subtle floral pattern I liked that I hadn't seen elsewhere, so I bought it to take the strap out to put on my other watches to experiment. Pictures below.

Predictably, this wears like a cheap strap - it happens to be a dust magnet, and comfort is mediocre, but somehow I still *kinda* like in a way how it looks. So for now this strap is going to live on my under $20 watch (pictured), while the watch head of that watch it came from (not pictured) will likely be taken apart for the battery inside and the rest going to be given to the watchmaker I patronize for any possible spare parts

91f6cdf406de08ada809ada694c04c8a.jpg
7802d24353b3584077f5bf245167499a.jpg

Sent from my landline phone
2710220ab18115d89134f662d3e75ff4.jpg

Looks good! I have bought cheap watches at flea markets etc just for the strap. Got some nice silicon straps actually, the leather ones tend to be thin and only leather on the top. My Dollar store near me is Dollar only items. There is a 5 Below store close by that sometimes has watches but none were of interest to me. Silicon tends to be a dust magnet I keep a small lint roller in my car and sometime in my pocket of a jacket when I go out just for this type of thing.

Congrats on your new dust magnet! way to think outside the box.

$4 . . really? . . maybe you need to get a job! :) Just kidding, finding these deals in discount stores and discount sites is half the fun of this hobby. I see what what you mean, it is a nice looking strap. And at $4 the watch may well be worth just the value of the battery!! :D

Back
Top Bottom