Hi all!

Welcome 2many! It's great to have ya here. I look forward to your input and insight into horology.
In terms of your newly purchased Akula,...Great minds!
Enjoy yourself here with some great people

Howdy, 2Many! Welcome aboard! It's always a cool thing to welcome new members to WIT, as it's certainly the friendliest and knowledgeable group of collectors anywhere on the 'net. I hope you will feel free to jump into the forums and get a look at our lists of topics and, of course, join in with the discussions here. We are one of only a few watch fora out here who consistently maintains a genuinely cordial environment, where mutual respect is second nature to us. Unfortunately, there are a few watch fora that do just the opposite, and they take great joy in trying to disrupt, poison and even hijack your posts and/or threads; personal attacks are the order of the day, and if you manage to offend them enough, you end up in their crosshairs. (I actually have my very own "stalker" from one of these sites, and he's been actively on the hunt for my background information, so as to "prove" that I did not the serve 26 & 1/2 years in the USN as a commissioned officer and Naval Aviator, as I said I did. I guess I talked too much about it for his tastes, so I got banned, and the attacks have gone on from there...but I digress!)

ANYway, I really enjoyed your intro, and the wartch is amazing; I've always liked and lusted after the bracelet version of the Akula (or, as they say in Martha's Vineyard, "the Akuler"), so I am very pleased for you to have gotten one! Again, I hope we see you on 'the boards' here, and, if you're looking for a good place to get started, we have a very healthy "Watch of the Day" forum, where you can say howdy and show off your collection one-at-a-time.

And again, welcome to WIT!

Welcome to the forum!

welcome%2Bhtml%2Bcode.gif

Thanks much MisterJingles! Great post, and, wow, yup the welcome here is genuinely fantastic, and a refreshing feeling from other places, especially daring to have love for Invicta ahahaha! I've had my own unpleasant run-ins with folks, so I understand for sure your experience, and it makes this place just that much more awesome that we can all just enjoy our watches and fellow members without negative drama. Wish I would have found this place years ago!

Oddly, it was encountering rabid Invicta hate that has kept me off of other places. Not that I don't understand the foibles of the brand (although no brand is perfect) in terms of the sacred code of high horology, but, even so, it's a brand that just hasn't let me down, and that's a personal experience I can't dismiss. They've made their stumbles, but their products have been solid for me.

Not that I did not appreciate expanding outward, and I'm glad I questioned myself enough to do so, just to know what else exists in the watch world, but paying more honestly wasn't always a win, and at some point being so brand minded was getting me drifting near to buying watches for the wrong reasons or even just to be sure I had a "respectable" watch instead of one I just loved and that I personally felt was fun to own.

I was glad to then drift back to Invicta, from time to time, while still exploring other options. If I want to wear a submarine on my wrist, I'm entitled to do so, after all, haha, if it's what I like, and, not only was it the brand that got me into this, but it remains one that helps me remember to buy what I love and love what I buy.

In fact, funny but true story, recently buying my grail-esque Breitling Colt automatic kind of had an interesting kick back effect -- it's my most "respectable" buy to date, no doubt, in terms of brand, I suppose (although "lesser" brands I've found have their own great stories behind them) and I do love it, thoroughly, and have my sights set on some other buys in similar brands, but I "relapsed" on Invicta, ahahahaha, big time, afterward. I mean, how could I ignore a 52mm MOP dial watch with propellers that turn with the bezel?! Freakin' propellers!

That one watch then kicked me into a small buying spree (I have a few that haven't even arrived yet) which is where the Akula came into the picture. I'll have to post up the full frenzy of models I acquired in the last few weeks, once they all get here. It includes another Akula, in their new Platinum Select line, with sapphire crystal, woooo hoooo!

But, it warmly brought me back to my early days of just buying for the sheer passion of it, which is why I have so many dang watches anyway, haha, and it's been a fun month or so.

So, for sure, it's a great find here, folks just sharing the joyful side of this unique hobby and seeing that there's a place for everyone, no matter if it's AP's or Invictas or whatever makes us smile.

Thanks for being here everyone! What a wonderful welcome!

Back
Top Bottom