Abalone Shell 5 New Colors Coming soon in 44mm and 40mm Automatics

roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member
67183456_2232387653546988_2769073674676862976_n.jpg

:outstand::good: Now these are REALLY impressive!:cool: Thanks Mike.:hat:

They make the natural ones too, $199.20 with the 40% off for automatic on bracelet with a sapphire crystal. If anyone would like larger they will have to settle for another brand and without the sapphire and scissor style clasp.

master-1000-automatic-diver-blue-bezel-large-abalone-shell-dia-braceletl-13.png
master-1000-automatic-diver-blue-bezel-large-abalone-shell-dia-braceletl-14.png
master-1000-automatic-diver-blue-bezel-large-abalone-shell-dia-braceletl-15.png

e95c1b6a88f61697.crop.jpg
Aquarium-Gravel1.jpg

I don't care for the crushed stuff Steve. It reminds me of aquarium gravel or pop rocks.

67518608_2242458699206550_1261522089148416000_n.jpg

:dance2:I like the colors for sure. :happy:Thanks Mike:hat:

Since abalone doesn't come in these colors naturally, I'm guessing they are putting a colored piece of film over the dials to get these bright colors... Not that there is anything wrong with that mind you!

67565073_2245804112205342_3131386459953561600_n.jpg

Yeah you can dye them, but you won't find them that way in the wild... That was my point Mike.

I got your point loud and clear from the jump Joel. I was just making a post. Abalone is no different from MOP and carbon fiber dials, the color can be manipulated.

Rolex Mother of Pearl (MOP) Diamond Dials

Rolex Mother-of-Pearl (aka MOP) are the most popular among custom Rolex dials. First introduced in the late 80s MOP dials have never become widely used on Rolex watches, mostly due to the hefty price tug associated with this dial design.
What makes pearl dials so special is its unique color combination. Pearls are organic composite materials produced by some mollusks as an inner shell layer. It consists of many layers produced at different times and bonded together by nature. The result is very iridescent colors and each piece reflects light in a different way.
Originally MOP dials came in only one white pearl color. But with a time we learned how to manipulate natural pearl colors to give them different appearances. At the present moment the colors we offer are traditional white, very feminine pink, cold blue, mysterious Tahitian black and deep green.
When white and Tahitian mother of pearl dials are suitable for almost any Rolex model ever made: Datejust, Day-Date, Date, Submariner and even Daytona; pink MOP looks the best with yellow gold and 2-Tone Datejust watches. Blue and Green MOP looks the best with stainless steel or white gold models.
Ladies Datejust & Date Mother-of-Pearl Dials
Men's Datejust Mother-of-Pearl Dials
President Mother-of-Pearl Dials
Submariner Mother-of-Pearl Dials

Carbon fibre is black. Carbon fibre doesn't come in any other colour. There are a number of other coloured fibres that can be set in a resin with a weave carbon has made popular as well as 'carbon effect' and coloured 'carbon effect' films and wraps.

Back
Top Bottom