Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Now that is a gorgeous watch"

"Now that is a gorgeous watch"

If you like to wear extra large and/or extra "loud" Styles, you're probably used to getting lots of comments.
    But do you have any watches that you always get a compliment on? I don't mean a comment like "wow that's huge" or "thats quite a watch."
    I mean a true compliment.
    I get various compliments and comments on the majority of the watches that I wear, because they are quite unique compared to the average watch. Zeus, magnum, millipede, etc.
    But how many of you own a watch that you've NEVER not received a compliment for?...

These are mine...
    1. Renato Stallion quartz blue dial/silvertone
    2. Android Enforcer tourbillon
    3. Renato Mostro 55 orange dial/silvertone
    4. Rockwell 50mm round black dial/silvertone w black ceramic center links

The first two I am never surprised to get a compliment on. The last two are cool watches but I find it interesting that I've always gotten a compliment when I wear those. but I'm always surprised when my black diamond man of war or my polished sas with meteorite dial get overlooked.
    The magnum always get a comment, but it's not always a compliment.... "does that thing shoot laser beams?... how can you lift your arm with that thing?" Not a compliment haha.

Anyone else own one or more watches that are guaranteed at least one admiring compliment?

2. The Following Like This Post

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lived on Long Island, In Witness Protection Program in Las Vegas
    I still have but never wear this watch anymore. I was never sure why but of all the watches I've ever owned, none have ever gotten as many compliments as my SS, blue dial, Invicter Excursion Touring. It doesn't get worn any more, I need to put it up for sale, too bad you can't charge extra for past compliments

SENT FROM MY FLIP PHONE USING TAPIOCA

4. The Following 5 Users Like This Post

Tyme Machine
    I have tons that get compliments on and usually they are larger flashy watches and they are genuine compliments. Many ask for closer looks. I also have a ton of great watches that are more subtle which I find more compliment worthy from myself. The one I wear that always gets compliments is probably either of my XO Skeleton Intercontinental Voyager watches. I guess they are so unlike any other watch people just think it's some uber expensive watch. I guess it's fun to get compliments on my watches, and even at the liquor store my wife said a cashier said is your husband the one with all the cool watches which means that I'm either an alcoholic, or someone is sizing me up to rob me. Get compliments shopping, restaurants, going to movies, concerts. I guess it's kind of cool, but I'm a pretty quiet guy so it's a little a little embarrassing as well.

6. The Following Like This Post

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TymeBandit View Post
    I still have but never wear this watch anymore. I was never sure why but of all the watches I've ever owned, none have ever gotten as many compliments as my SS, blue dial, Invicter Excursion Touring. It doesn't get worn any more, I need to put it up for sale, too bad you can't charge extra for past compliments

WE all know im soft for Venoms and Excursions how much u looking to get Arthur ?

8. The Following Like This Post

In over 50 years of wearing watches, I can remember receiving 2 compliments on them. I guess I just don't draw a lot of attention to myself. But that's ok - I buy the watches for me, not to please others.

Life is short...don't waste a minute of it. Gary

10. The Following 4 Users Like This Post

Quote Originally Posted by gman66 View Post
    In over 50 years of wearing watches, I can remember receiving 2 compliments on them. I guess I just don't draw a lot of attention to myself. But that's ok - I buy the watches for me, not to please others.
    You wear them to please who you want, I wear them to pick up woman...enjoy “pleasing yourself!”...lol

12. The Following Like This Post

once a lady told me my Russian diver looked like an expensive bottle of wine

IMG_3741 by Big noize, on Flickr
    L.T.R
    Learn Teach Repeat

14. The Following 3 Users Like This Post

I wear them for me. I used to get compliments on my Venoms when I wore them, OR comments. People who know watches like my Omega's and C. Wards most!
    As for me, I like the complexities of the movements! Am crazy about that C. Ward C900... Very different with that re-engineered 2893 (JJ03)...

Dan

But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep; Robert Frost

16. The Following 2 Users Like This Post

To be honest, here in SO CAL, most people have their heads stuck in their Cell Phones to notice much else... :(

Dan

But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep; Robert Frost

18. The Following 7 Users Like This Post

Quote Originally Posted by bignoize View Post
    once a lady told me my Russian diver looked like an expensive bottle of wine

IMG_3741 by Big noize, on Flickr
    From the right angle, it does kinda look like a flask.

Life is short...don't waste a minute of it. Gary

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast