Newmark – 71 Sports Diver, 38.5mm Stunner

roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member
AGF-l79ZZirdmybTu6NWjedOR_SI2niFm1jHpQFgrQ=s48-mo-c-c0xffffffff-rj-k-no

Average Bros
Published on Jun 7, 2019

On this episode we preview an exciting new reissue from revival brand Newmark. The 71 has all the retro good looks you'd expect from a vintage inspired big crown diver but with it's 38.5mm case and 39.5mm bezel, it offers it in just about the perfect scale for most any wrist. The larger more dynamic dial offer enough visual impact for larger wrists while overall smaller silhouette guarantee excellent fitment for smaller wrists. Combine all of that with it's brilliant bracelet and I think Newmark have a real hit on their hands.

ET-000405.3a.png
blnondate.png
ET-000405.3e.png
ET-000405.3b.png
ET-000405.3f.png
ET-000405.3d.png

Launch price: £299.00 for Earlybirds

Specifications

Material
All 316L Stainless Steel, brushed with polished sides

Water Resist
200m / 660ft

Anti-magnetic
4800 A/m

Diameter
38.5mm (bezel 39.5mm)

Lug to Lug
47.0mm

Lug spacing
20.0mm

Thickness
13.0mm to top of double domed crystal

Weight:
150 grammes on full bracelet

Crown
7mm Diameter. Screw down, signed. Crown tube threaded into case.

Caseback
Screw down

Bezels
60 minute uni-directional with 60 click ball-bearing system

12 hour bi-directional with 60 click ball-bearing system

Bezel Inserts
60 minute and 12 hour sapphire in black or blue with Super-Luminova GL X1-C3

12 hour in brushed stainless steel with black fill

Crystal: 3.4mm thick double domed sapphire with double anti-reflective coating to underside

Dial Options

elvet Black with Super-Luminova GL X1-C3 to hour markers

Sunburst Blue with Super-Luminova GL X1-C3 to hour markers

Sunburst Silver with Super-Luminova GL X1-C3 to hour markers

Hands: Polished steel with Super-Luminova GL X1-C3 fill

Movement

Miyota 9015 automatic

24 jewels

28,800 bph (beats per hour)

Hand winding capability

Hacking (stop second) function

Quick date setting

Accuracy -10/+30s per day

Power Reserve 42 hrs

Bracelet

20mm width tapering to 18mm

Solid link stainless steel with solid end links

Brushed top with polished sides

Link removal by screws

Solid machined stainless steel double folding push button safety clasp (signed)

https://newmark71.newmarkwatchcompany.com/

Some great executions in a handsome looking design. Thanks Mike.:hat:

I like the no date versions. Kind of wish they were at least 40mm but I could live with the 38.5mm. Nice looking old school diver.

I like this one in the blue dial variation with no date, the price is really nice too...

I like the no date versions. Kind of wish they were at least 40mm but I could live with the 38.5mm. Nice looking old school diver.

big delta markers homage to EKT ETERNA KON TIKI commemorating crossing pacific ocean on balsa wood raft... and like i posted...THOR HEYERDAHL couldn't swim...38.5 shrinking with the trend

I like this one in the blue dial variation with no date, the price is really nice too...
Got my attention, no date and bi-directional bezel. Puts the competition to shame. Love the Blue dial so on notification list. 38.5 mm is perfect for me with 9015 engine.

I have long looked for an affordable but high quality dive watch inspired by classic Eterna and Zodiac designs. Mission accomplished. What an awesome watch. Sweet!

FYI, if you are interested in this watch, the owner announced this will be the only production run ever. Kickstarter ends July 16 so if you want one, you will need to back before then. IMO, quality of build is $800+ level but being offered for $400. Nice bargain and the Miyota 9015 is a well respected and mass produced movement from Citizen Group.

Thanks for the information on this, Clovis.:hat:

Fyi for those interested in the Newmark 71 vintage dive watch on kickstarter. The creator is now shipping from the UK so no customs duties for UK and EU backers. Also, there is now a silver no date version in addition to a range of blue and black dial and bezel choices. Finally, with one week to go the campaign is very, very close to funding and looks to make it with strong increases in pledges.

Back
Top Bottom