What's APP? APP......

ee052496

Tyme Machine
Founding Member
Just curious if anyone has used this and if so....do you like it or no? Is this a 3rd party APP that enables you to communicate when you are somewhere that isn't exactly "friendly" with your current cell plan or do I have it all wrong?

Just curious if anyone has used this and if so....do you like it or no? Is this a 3rd party APP that enables you to communicate when you are somewhere that isn't exactly "friendly" with your current cell plan or do I have it all wrong?

It's another text, talk, video app. It works great, but the person your communicating with has to have it too.
I've used it when traveling out of the country to communicate with everyone back stateside for free.

I have used the whatsApp service for the last three years with my Daughter and her family being stationed in Northern Italy. I was so easy to use and we could even facetime it. Of course as Steve pointed out the person you call has to also have the app.

We use it with our French Foriegn exchange kid and his family. Works great.

Sent from the White House on the tax payers dime.

Thanks everyone. I will pass this along to my friend and let them know that whoever (whomever?) they are calling must also have the App as well. I'll be in Jamaica in less then two weeks and we're trying to come up with alternative way to reach out to people after we get there. Not being very tech saavy, I just found out that I can make calls with my Amazon Fire tablet (with Alexa installed) and it works awesome. The Alexa App is on my cell as well so I can even make calls through the App as well and that works great. I appreciate you guys taking the time to reply. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

I used it when a friend went traveling out of the country, but even after he's back I'm using it cause I could pick a different ring tone for when he texts me from anywhere. I find it very easy to use.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom