NWD (new watch day)

johnro6659

Tyme Machine
I got a $50 gift certificate from a friend for some work I did on her house add that with a $20 rewards from TJ MAXX and it adds up to a shopping trip.

Saw this ESQ (ESQ-0092) the other day and thought it was cool but wasn't looking for a watch and was in a hurry, there were just too many people at the counter and one sales girl and she was new. So I went back and they had two of these one with a leather type bracelet the other with a bike chain one I chose the one with the bike chain. I checked it out three hand day and date dial. Day at the 12 and day at the 6 and it has a screw on back and the price was 49.95 so I bought it, they also had a nice SS with black stone ring right next to it and it was cheap $16.99 so with the gift car and coupon I pretty much paid a couple bucks out of pocket. I also got a Guitar Center $100.00 gift card for my birthday I used today. I'll post that in the off topic section later.

I really love the dial and black and yellow on this watch. I have no clue who makes ESQ but according to the search Movado still owns them yet I can't find their warranty info on the Movado site anymore.

View attachment 20618

View attachment 20619

View attachment 20620

View attachment 20621

View attachment 20622

View attachment 20623

View attachment 20624

View attachment 20625

All three go together nicely.

Love that leather strap and the ring. Another top flight shopping trip!!

Nice combo...always cool to get a bargain...

nice yellow jacket with CF... don't wear jewelry 'cept 1 watch...but enjoy your bicycle chain bracelet and ring self gift...and I see u added to your 300 guitar cache congrats
!

That is one very sharp pick-up combination, one I especially appreciate & enjoy as a "ring guy" myself. Any time I can match a ring to a watch or vice-versa, then I'm that happiest of happy campers, truth be told... I DO hope to see what that watch looks like with the bike-chain nearby, and that ring flashing away on its facets. (If you get a chance, please post a photo of this so's we can all get a gander (or even a GOOSE!!) I've always felt that Movado did a great job with the ESC line; I just hope that the inability to find them under Movado's warranty page isn't an indication that Movado has kicked them out of the nest and sent them off to do business on their own. With soooOOOooo many watch brands out there on the market, the small companies often find it hard to compete without 'cover' from their larger [and usually parent] company. Just ask "Legend" and "Ben & Sons." :think:

That is one very sharp pick-up combination, one I especially appreciate & enjoy as a "ring guy" myself. Any time I can match a ring to a watch or vice-versa, then I'm that happiest of happy campers, truth be told... I DO hope to see what that watch looks like with the bike-chain nearby, and that ring flashing away on its facets. (If you get a chance, please post a photo of this so's we can all get a gander (or even a GOOSE!!) I've always felt that Movado did a great job with the ESC line; I just hope that the inability to find them under Movado's warranty page isn't an indication that Movado has kicked them out of the nest and sent them off to do business on their own. With soooOOOooo many watch brands out there on the market, the small companies often find it hard to compete without 'cover' from their larger [and usually parent] company. Just ask "Legend" and "Ben & Sons." :think:

I have a ton of rings to match my watches as well as bracelets. This is the first time I have ever seen ESQ selling a watch with matching jewelry, they had several different choices. I think who ever laid out the jewelry case put the ring next to the watch on purpose. I do not think Movado has anything to do with ESQ even though a search shows them still listed but I found a new web page for them and no mention of Movado on there. Funny, I saved the new ESQ web page the same day I got this watch and all of a sudden it's gone! (???) I rarely wear a bracelet on the same wrist as my watch it's usually on my left wrist with the ring.

Back
Top Bottom