Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seiko Blue Planet Cocktail Time

Seiko Blue Planet Cocktail Time

This is a limited edition of 350 pieces released in Thailand last month. I had been thinking about getting a blue dial to go with my silver dial, and this one caught my eye. So I did something crazy and paid up for it because I just had to have it. But I'm happy to have another LE Seiko in the collection along with my Jade Monster and my Emerald Green Sumo.

The model number on this one is SRPC45J1. 40.5MM case running on the Seiko 4R35. After the first 24 hours, the timing was spot on, or +0......

I've had this silver dial/blued hands for a few months now. It does get wrist time, so I know the Blue Planet will also. Might be kinda hard to decide between the two now....

It's a little smaller than I would like, but with the open dial it plays just big enough for me to be good with wearing it.

The dial is just as stunning in person as it is in the pics.

Not really a bargain between $500 and $1,000 but I feel like these very limited production Seikos will hold their value. And I love having the watch in my collection. I'm sure you will be seeing it in On the Wrist Today quite a bit!

Thanks for lookin'!!!

The main thing is you picked up a watch you really wanted. You can make up the difference on many of the other "deals" IMO it only makes you ..... I'm-like-really-smart--.jpg

3. The Following Like This Post

Hey TC. That is beautiful. Those hands and dial look like a million. That blue is & gold is......
    ..........Louis.................. .........

5. The Following Like This Post

Very cool pick up, Robert. That blue dial is absolutely gorgeous. I can see why you were drawn to it. Congrats on another great addition to your collection, and enjoy!

Life is short...don't waste a minute of it. Gary

7. The Following Like This Post

Quote Originally Posted by timecat View Post

Not really a bargain between $500 and $1,000 but I feel like these very limited production Seikos will hold their value. And I love having the watch in my collection. I'm sure you will be seeing it in On the Wrist Today quite a bit!

Thanks for lookin'!!!
    Long Island watch has their regular pricing of these at $338. Is the Limited Edition designation on the blue different in some way? Nice watches.

link

Quote Originally Posted by dontavoidthedroid View Post
    Long Island watch has their regular pricing of these at $338. Nice watches.

link
    Yea, that is the dark or navy blue that I was thinking about before I discovered the Limited Edition Blue Planet. You can find those non-limited editions below $300 if you shop carefully.

The cheapest Cocktail Time I've seen since the Presage version came out was this open heart in black for $239 on eBay:

The cheapest one I could find at the moment was $254:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Seiko-P...kAAOSwxGRZglx3

As I'm sure you are aware, Long Island Watch, as much as I want to like them, is rarely the lowest price or even with 20% of it.

10. The Following Like This Post

Quote Originally Posted by timecat View Post
    Yea, that is the dark or navy blue that I was thinking about before I discovered the Limited Edition Blue Planet. You can find those non-limited editions below $300 if you shop carefully.

The cheapest Cocktail Time I've seen since the Presage version came out was this open heart in black for $239 on eBay:

The cheapest one I could find at the moment was $254:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Seiko-P...kAAOSwxGRZglx3

As I'm sure you are aware, Long Island Watch, as much as I want to like them, is rarely the lowest price or even with 20% of it.
    Who sells the limited edition ones? Was just using Long Island Watch as a reputable benchmark for the white face blue hand model that I mistakenly thought you also said was between $500 - $1,000. I caught a couple "best price" deals at LIW but yes rarely the lowest.

So is the color what makes it limited edition or is there something else different as well?

Nice!

13. The Following Like This Post

Quote Originally Posted by dontavoidthedroid View Post
    Who sells the limited edition ones? Was just using Long Island Watch as a reputable benchmark for the white face blue hand model that I mistakenly thought you said was between $500 - $1,000. I caught a couple "best price" deals at LIW but yes rarely the lowest.
    I found this one through Watchrecon. Had to be shipped to me from Thailand. That is really the only way you can get Seiko's Thailand-released Limited Editions.

The Jade Monster and Emerald Sumo had to be shipped from Japan. It's the only way to get them sometimes. You can also try eBay and Watchrecon, but often they never show up there....

Seiko likes to torture us American Seikopaths by putting these exquisite dials on low number limited editions and releasing them halfway around the world in Thailand.......

15. The Following Like This Post

^^^ Thanks TC.

17. The Following Like This Post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast