Watch box

Numinex

Tyme Watcher
Hello all, I am new to this forum and new to watches, at least in the sense of appreciating them. Thanks to an article in modern machine shop I think with Weiss watch company I kind of became obsessed. My next little obsession making stuff, besides my big one of target archery. So I decided I should make a watch box. I did most of it completely with hand tools, used a sewing machine and a drill for some stuff.
It's not completely finished yet, gotta put some trim around the lexan to hide the poor job I did with trimming the window. I blame it to the wood I used and my first time doing it haha. Also a latch on the front and some side straps to keep it from opening all the way and swinging back.
All in all it was a fun little project. Learned to use a sewing machine which was fun. Got some new woodworking tools as well. I kind of want to make another, maybe twice as big and with some quality improvements.
3d310bbf6d749a5a3b1f52101bc0c55b.jpg
6ee6e3c4eb58f43ea1e4ebcaefcc8867.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Nice handy work..........Welcome..........remember the larger the watch box the more you need to fill it...............This can be a good thing.

Welcome [MENTION=3430]Numinex[/MENTION]

Very cool box indeed...If you hang around here you might as well get busy building more...you're going to need them...:wink:

Welcome to the forum! It's great to have you here. Lots of great people who are more than willing to help you out. As for your watch box it's looking pretty good. Looking forward to seeing the finished box. To bad you're gonna need a larger one real soon hanging on this forum. Ha! Looking forward to your posts and insight. Have a great one.

Welcome!!! That looks great. The watches in it are super cool. We are pleased to have you here

Welcome to the forum, :good: on the box, unfortunately the more you get hooked the more boxes you're gonna need to make. :lol:
See ya around the site!

Greeting, and salutations! :cheers:Welcome aboard!:hat: It's great to have you with us. A very nice job indeed.:dance2:Thanks for sharing.:cool:

Welcome man. That is a nice job on the box. Nothing like making your own stuff, especially with wood. Enjoy your time here.

Thanks for the warm reception. Got another box brewing in my mind. Gonna add a drawer for straps and tools. Probably gonna hold around 12 watches or so. Gonna need some bigger clamps haha. Might finish this box up this weekend though. Got some other projects in front of it though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Welcome in to our meeting place! Hope you enjoy your tyme with us. Really great job on your first attempt on the watch box ,keep up the good work!:cool:

Back
Top Bottom