Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Renato Vulcan 7750 Watch

  1. #11
    Tyme Master sota0003's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 15th 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    8,528
    Thanked: 17257
    Yea, that one(s) is/are a winner(s) lol They made great watches
    Some men are morally opposed to violence. Fortunately for them, the men that protect them are not

  2. The Following 2 Users Like This Post


  3. #12
    Tyme Machine
    Join Date
    December 21st 2015
    Location
    Baltimore MD
    Posts
    3,263
    Thanked: 2736
    Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    Been a long time. Still like and miss Renato
    Me too!

  4. The Following 2 Users Like This Post


  5. #13
    Tyme Machine bobbyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 28th 2014
    Posts
    2,780
    Thanked: 2697
    I've always felt that comparing the "Big 3," Invicta, Renato, and Android / Aragon, I always felt Renato had the nicest watch. The build always looked and felt the highest quality, they always used threaded screws instead of pins in the bracelets. Most were dual deployment butterfly style clasps, which in my opinion, although they don't size as well look 10 times nicer on the wrist.
    The Collector price has certainly jumped on specific pieces like the stallion and Cyclops.
    If you want to add a renato in the collection but don't want to break the bank, the quartz buzo 52 is a very comfortable larger timepiece due to the tapering bracelet. The T-Rex and wildebeest models can be found very affordably also, especially if you're not into the larger watches, I just felt they lacked a certain "beef."

  6. The Following Like This Post


  7. #14
    Tyme Machine
    Join Date
    July 14th 2014
    Posts
    4,392
    Thanked: 6537
    I have about 20 Renato's and even though I really love them I've had three that the quartz movements completely crapped out after a few years. The innards of the these pieces isn't the highest of quality when cracked open. Beautiful watches though. Even though this is an auto, I wouldn't pay that price he wants in no, way, shape, or form. Don't care if it's never been worn or not. Big price mark up on a brand that realistically holds no real cache in the watch world. Money can be much better spent elsewhere and I like the watches. I would top out at one grand for this piece and probably still would pass. If I tried to sell all 20 of my Renato's on ebay I'd be lucky to get the asking price of this piece.

  8. #15
    Tyme Master scantor's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st 2015
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,262
    Thanked: 15467
    Quote Originally Posted by curiousgeorge View Post
    I have about 20 Renato's and even though I really love them I've had three that the quartz movements completely crapped out after a few years. The innards of the these pieces isn't the highest of quality when cracked open. Beautiful watches though. Even though this is an auto, I wouldn't pay that price he wants in no, way, shape, or form. Don't care if it's never been worn or not. Big price mark up on a brand that realistically holds no real cache in the watch world. Money can be much better spent elsewhere and I like the watches. I would top out at one grand for this piece and probably still would pass. If I tried to sell all 20 of my Renato's on ebay I'd be lucky to get the asking price of this piece.


    This guy tries to get as much as he can. Look at all his timepieces. I bought my Rose/black Mostro 7750 watch off of him and was surprised to make a deal from him. He does have some nice Renato watches though. I still can't believe he has another one of these watches in new condition. I wonder where he got it from. I almost won this particular watch on Ebay quite a few months ago and lost by $10.00

  9. The Following Like This Post


  10. #16
    Tyme Machine
    Join Date
    July 14th 2014
    Posts
    4,392
    Thanked: 6537
    Those Mostro's could've been had for less then $650 when Renato was going under. I love the watches but the prices he's asking is way over valuing a brand that holds no status in the watch world. He gets what people are willing to pay which is fair. I just bought a Hamilton Khaki Below Zero V7750 watch at Ashford yesterday for $799 that is a much better made watch, with a kind of similar case style to the Vulcan(which I like and have two versions of). I like the Renato, just don't see it as anymore then a watch in the $750 to 1 grand range new or not. That said if you get a deal you are comfortable with, then you will love the piece. Best of luck in scoring one if you are needing one in your collection.

  11. #17
    Tyme Machine gopennstate's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 11th 2014
    Posts
    1,067
    Thanked: 1334
    I must have owned well over a dozen Renato Vulcans over the years - several 3-hand autos, a Valgrange, an Ana-digi, two-tone big date MOP, many 251.272 quartz in different colors - none remain in the collection. The Vulcan to me is a work of art - but it just was not something that I reached for in the watch box to wear. As I try to keep the collection relatively manageable with only pieces that see wrist time, I let those beauties go over the years. May try to add one again down the road.
    -Rob

  12. The Following Like This Post


  13. #18
    Tyme Machine
    Join Date
    November 2nd 2015
    Posts
    1,334
    Thanked: 2420
    Quote Originally Posted by gopennstate View Post
    I must have owned well over a dozen Renato Vulcans over the years - several 3-hand autos, a Valgrange, an Ana-digi, two-tone big date MOP, many 251.272 quartz in different colors - none remain in the collection. The Vulcan to me is a work of art - but it just was not something that I reached for in the watch box to wear. As I try to keep the collection relatively manageable with only pieces that see wrist time, I let those beauties go over the years. May try to add one again down the road.
    Same here, sold off most of mine because they weren't getting the wrist time, not a knock on Renato, I sell a lot of other brands out of my collection because they weren't getting the wrist time either.

  14. The Following Like This Post


  15. #19
    Tyme Master scantor's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st 2015
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,262
    Thanked: 15467
    Quote Originally Posted by curiousgeorge View Post
    Those Mostro's could've been had for less then $650 when Renato was going under. I love the watches but the prices he's asking is way over valuing a brand that holds no status in the watch world. He gets what people are willing to pay which is fair. I just bought a Hamilton Khaki Below Zero V7750 watch at Ashford yesterday for $799 that is a much better made watch, with a kind of similar case style to the Vulcan(which I like and have two versions of). I like the Renato, just don't see it as anymore then a watch in the $750 to 1 grand range new or not. That said if you get a deal you are comfortable with, then you will love the piece. Best of luck in scoring one if you are needing one in your collection.


    Not really, but I do like that Vulcan, but not at his prices.

  16. The Following Like This Post


  17. #20
    Tyme Machine
    Join Date
    July 14th 2014
    Posts
    4,392
    Thanked: 6537
    Quote Originally Posted by nikto View Post
    Same here, sold off most of mine because they weren't getting the wrist time, not a knock on Renato, I sell a lot of other brands out of my collection because they weren't getting the wrist time either.
    I really like mine but for some reason I don't wear them often enough. They look great when I pull one out, then it goes back into the witness protection program not to be seen for long periods of time. Can't bring myself to sell them, but I probably should.

  18. The Following Like This Post


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •