Which Shinola Monster Will You Choose?

leelovesbug

Tyme Warper
Staff member
Warper
Deals Master
Founding Member
The Shinola Monster dive watch series is inspired by the Great Lakes and powered by the SW200-1 automatic movement. Designed specifically with divers in mind, the Shinola Monster is engineered to be durable and corrosion resistant with a depth rating of 1,000 feet.​
f24dcc57-c785-43b1-9e4d-a65156d29057.jpg

We were founded in 2011 and since then, we’ve hired hundreds of people in Detroit and across the country. In order to continue the growth of American manufacturing, we do have to source many components from outside of the United States.
CASE BACK PLATE Signature Iconic Caseback Plate with Laser-Etched Serial Number
CASE SIZE 43mm
CASE THICKNESS 13mm
MOVEMENT SW200-1 Automatic
MOVEMENT TYPE Three Hand Date
DIAL COLOR DETAIL Black
BAND MATERIAL Stainless Steel Bracelet
STRAP LENGTH 120mm x 80mm
STRAP WIDTH 22mm
STRAP COLOR DETAIL Brushed stainless steel with polished stainless steel sides
CASE MATERIAL Stainless Steel
CASE PLATING Stainless Steel
CASE FINISH Brushed
TOP RING PLATING Stainless Steel with Matte Black PVD
TOP RING FINISH Brushed
CROWN PLATING Stainless Steel
CROWN FINISH Brushed
CROWN CONSTRUCTION Screw-down
BUCKLE SIZE 18mm
BUCKLE PLATING Stainless Steel
DEPTH RATING 30 ATM
CRYSTAL Single dome with Anti Reflective coating

They can take this overpriced built in Detroit with parts outsourced of the United States and stick it where the sun don't shine. $1,450 using an SW200. They couldn't even do a matching dial color date wheel for that price.
This LE version below for $2,250.00 was bad, but this new one is even worse.

shinola-lake-erie-monster-15
636456500257824641-S0120079528-Caseback-Detail-2.jpg

CASE BACK PLATE Signature Iconic Caseback Plate with Laser-Etched Serial Number
CASE SIZE 43mm
CASE THICKNESS 13mm
MOVEMENT SW200-1 Automatic
MOVEMENT TYPE Three Hand Date
DIAL COLOR DETAIL Black
BAND MATERIAL Stainless Steel Bracelet
STRAP LENGTH 120mm x 80mm
STRAP WIDTH 22mm
STRAP COLOR DETAIL Brushed stainless steel with polished stainless steel sides
CASE MATERIAL Stainless Steel
CASE PLATING Stainless Steel
CASE FINISH Brushed
TOP RING PLATING Stainless Steel with Matte Black PVD
TOP RING FINISH Brushed
CROWN PLATING Stainless Steel
CROWN FINISH Brushed
CROWN CONSTRUCTION Screw-down
BUCKLE SIZE 18mm
BUCKLE PLATING Stainless Steel
DEPTH RATING 30 ATM
CRYSTAL Single dome with Anti Reflective coating

They can take this overpriced built in Detroit with parts outsourced of the United States and stick it where the sun don't shine. $1,450 using an SW200. They couldn't even do a matching dial color date wheel for that price.
This LE version below for $2,250.00 was bad, but this new one is even worse.

shinola-lake-erie-monster-15
636456500257824641-S0120079528-Caseback-Detail-2.jpg
Damn!!! I thought they were overpriced but I wasn’t that offended .LOL.
Have a great weekend and safe travels.

My gut tells me they hire in the Detroit area from among the immigrant population.

Even with the SW-200 and pretty straight forward attributes then I don't get these prices. Too bad. It's cool, a Detroit Watch Company but can't justify the prices for me.
I know others believe differently.

Why I'll agree the price is way high the components are no different then the Oris 65 divers using a Sw200, no matching dial wheels, using china based steel cases, that are all also in my opinion overpriced at the same price range. I have Oris watches and Shinola watches and the quality in both brands is good. Would I buy this one at under $500. Maybe. Would I buy an Oris 65 at under $750 absolutely. I'd never pay retail for any watch. But owning some of the brand I can vouch that Shinola are a good quality construction and I don't understand how though they get the prices they ask for them. Way overpriced nice watches.

I'm not a car collector, but when I found something I liked, price was no object as long as I had the money in the bank to buy it. I knew it was what I wanted and I would be driving it for many years to come because it would be my only vehicle. It all boils down to whom has what in dollars to allocate. For some people, money is no object. I think these watches can actually sell very close to the MSRP without a second thought to someone who is just buying a watch or two. Watch enthusiast having a bunch of watches may see things a little different. Possibly thinking they could get a couple of really nice watches for the price of just this one. There really isn't too much separation with so many of the average affordable watches that flood the market. If I was a one watch guy I would be wearing a really nice Omega, Grand Seiko or something on the next level compared to the stuff I currently own. I can see the logic when someone collecting Invicta would rather buy five or six watches compared to just one for a grand. Everyone goes about these things differently. I've never had any blueprint with this hobby, just excessive, impulsive buying of things I already have and don't need more of.

Back
Top Bottom