🦇BATMAN SW500

I can't get over the 22mm thickness.

I bought the Captain America SW500 knowing it is ridiculously thick. When it arrived I was still surprised just how ridiculously thick it is. I bought it as a novelty/themed piece for my collection and didn't really expect to wear it. I also vowed that it would be the last time I buy a piece that I know I'm not likely to wear. I wonder how long it'll take to break that vow?

This NE78 Android Gauge was 23mm deep. Evine has it listed as 22, but Wing shows 23mm.

0tpPaps.jpg
aA3eU71.jpg

The thickness is nothing new and is normal for Invicta. The Subaqua Noma V averages 20-21mm. Not everyone likes small dainty watches.

657-500_01_detail

Watch Details

• Movement: Swiss Movement ETA G10.211 Quartz Chronograph
  • Movement Country of Origin: Switzerland
  • Case Measurements: 50mm
  • Thickness: 21mm
almostgone_2015_overlay_1

Watch Details

• Movement: Swiss Movement Ronda 5040.F Quartz Chronograph
  • Case Measurements: 50mm
  • Thickness: 20mm

CX-20000-Feet-Diver-watch-121.jpg
CX-20000-Feet-Diver-watch-51.jpg

Movement:
* Chronometer-certified automatic chronograph ETA cal. 7750 Valjoux COSC
* 25 jewels
* 28’800 oscillations/h
* Power reserve 48h
* Etachron regulator system
* Glucydur balance bridge
* Nivaflex mainspring
* Anti-shock with Incabloc shock-absorber

Functions:
* Hour; minute; small second at 9h
* Chronograph with 30 minute counter at 12h, 12 hour counter at 6h, central second counter
* Date at 3h

Case/bracelet:
* Solid titanium case/bracelet, Ø 46.0mm, thickness 28.5mm, weight 265gr total
* Water-resistant to 7’500 meters (25’000 feet; 6’000 meters or 20’000 FEET & 25% safety margin according to ISO norm 6425)
* X-large crown with side-guards, allowing for diving with thick gloves
* Screw-down crown and pushers
* Red safety marking on pushers (visible when unscrewed)
* Domed, anti-reflective sapphire crystal, thickness 10mm
* Unidirectional rotating bezel, 60 minute graduation, Superluminovaâ„¢ indices
* Solid titanium bracelet, lug-ends and links screwed
* Solid titanium folding clasp with safety catch and micro-adjustment
* Separate genuine rubber strap & rubber extension strap for dry-suit diving (wrist circumference up to 35cm)
* Screw-driver
* Screw-down caseback, Limited Edition engraving
* Helium relief valve
* anti-magnetic ISO 764

almostgone_2015_overlay_1
667-174_03_detail
667-174_02_detail

The Bubble case back on this 47mm model is what adds the additional height. These DC and Marvel 47m Pro Divers look like the usual ones and they are listed as 19mm thick. The bezel and back look a little thicker on the DC/Marvel models.

https://www.evine.com/Product/644-586

soldout_2008_overlay_1
soldout_2008_overlay_1

Watch Details

• Movement: Swiss Movement ETA Valjoux 7750 Automatic Chronograph
  • Case Measurements: 47mm
  • Thickness: 19mm

An:outstand: bargain indeed! :dance2:Thanks Lee.:hat:

I want to buy one of these but for some reason can't pull the trigger. Biggest reason is the SW500 movement in these Invicta pro divers have seem to be unreliable on a lot of reviews with Evine. Great price but not worth the hassle IMO. Sad really.

Holy Price Drops Batman! That's a great deal at $198. Sadly, the design just doesn't excite me. Seems clumsy. I've been a bit disappointed in most of the DC and Marvel efforts. Just seems like more could be done, I don't know, other than tacking on a logo symbol and calling it a "superhero" watch. Same seems to be the case with NFL designs, in my view.

I did pick up the Jim Lee edition of the Lupah Batman, and I do love that one -- best feature is how they have crafted the bracelet to resemble the utility belt, plus the overall blacked out theme is nifty.

IMO I think they did some of these automatic chronographs very nice if someone is into the superheroes. I've handled a few of them and other than the thickness I like them. Three that come to mind that I like are Batman, Captain America and the Punisher. The companies that I've seen making DC and Marvel watches, the three I mentioned are some of the best I've seen.

IMO I think they did some of these automatic chronographs very nice if someone is into the superheroes. I've handled a few of them and other than the thickness I like them. Three that come to mind that I like are Batman, Captain America and the Punisher. The companies that I've seen making DC and Marvel watches, the three I mentioned are some of the best I've seen.

I agree. I ended up with the Captain America and it's really nice but the thickness is maddening. While it's very nicely executed I know I'll never wear the thing. I dug the Punisher one as well and if it was a "normal" thickness I'd have been all over it.

Holidays are coming up fast and furious. Both watches together cost under $500.00. This $279.00 deal cost more than either one adding in S&H + tax = $314.28. The CA was $288.00 (no tax) and BM with tax was $213.84. The case-back is thick and reminds me of a pie plate or old bottle cap.

vintage-bottlecaps.jpg

wVmpft.jpg
28kgB4.jpg
tXOBfQ.jpg
uymYOb.jpg
9a50Fx.jpg

Wing named this little gadget "The Marshmallow" It feels like a purple marshmallow. The outside is spongy and sticky like one.

p7MifX.jpg
FmOmJg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom