🎧 What I'm listening to...

The tax man's taken all my dough,
And left me in my stately home,
Lazing on a sunny afternoon.
And I can't sail my yacht,
He's taken everything I've got,
All I've got's this sunny afternoon.

Since this just popped up, I saw Disturbed this weekend and they nailed it. Best show I have been too. David's version of the Sound of Silence is even better live, but then I like his version better than Simon and Garfunkel's too.

Since this just popped up, I saw Disturbed this weekend and they nailed it. Best show I have been too. David's version of the Sound of Silence is even better live, but then I like his version better than Simon and Garfunkel's too.

Well, I still think this is one of the greatest songs ever written... :dunno:

Nobody does it better or ever will, then Simon and Garfunkel IMHO. There are songs which become instant classics the minute the track is recorded. The Sounds of Silence is one of those gems that will be untouchable until the end of time.

Nobody does it better or ever will, then Simon and Garfunkel IMHO. There are songs which become instant classics the minute the track is recorded. The Sounds of Silence is one of those gems that will be untouchable until the end of time.

I agree, Mike. When I first heard it in 1964, I knew I was hearing something special, almost like a prayer. It's been one of my favorites ever since then.

Back
Top Bottom