My new watch design for Plan Watches - need your opinion!

My new watch design for Plan Watches - need your opinion!

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 14 82.4%

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

quentintrudeau

Tyme Watcher
Hi everyone! Some time ago I already shared with you my previous works for Plan Watches company - Edmonton and Genoa. We're a small group of buddies in vision and with a huge love for vintage watches and retro style, so all of our designs are linked to it one way or another. My designs were based on classic watches appearance and the charming aesthetics of old Italian scooters of the middle of the 20th century.

So here I am, working on the new series of watches. Once again, the main point of the design is something from the past: retro-boating, yachting and preppy outlook. The goal is to reflect the atmosphere of old-fashioned marine motives, combining traditional shapes of vintage wristwatches with the bold minimalist design. To strengthen the feeling, I added a interesting (in my opinion) feature – the wooden layer with the texture that refers to deck ornaments and wood work of old boats. There are also two variations with the disc painted in navy blue. Below you can see some examples from the inspirational mood board to get a grip on what I’m talking about. Because of the theme of the design, we decided to make this watches waterproof :)

View attachment 18441 View attachment 18442

Now I want to ask for your opinion once more, guys. I have several designs that I like the most and chances are high that something from this list will end up produced. Please, help me understand which design is more appealing and it would be cool to see some constructive feedback on what you’ve learned about my watches. I made a poll for your convenience - simply choose the watch or watches you like the most. Looking forward to hear your opinions!

Please, choose the watch you like and vote for it! (click on the image to zoom it)

View attachment 18443 View attachment 18444 View attachment 18445 View attachment 18446 View attachment 18447 View attachment 18448

Best,
Quentin Trudeau

FIVE!
The rivets on the bezel are additional hour markers and mimics a porthole. The hours markers allows the TIMEpiece to be a dress up or down. The hands are pronounced enough against the honeycomb dial to be easily read. Since this is a nautical TIMEpiece maybe a wave pattern instead of the honeycomb would be more fitting, as the blue symbolizes the water. Maybe a wave teal dial to represent the waters of the Caribbean maybe an additional option. Rubber or silicone straps for those that want to use this in water. For me it's a strap change since I don't like rubber or silicone straps. As beautiful as this rendering of this TIMEpiece appear to be, for me it's all for nothing if it doesn't house a automatic movement. Thank you and I look forward to the final design.
Wishing you all that's good!

hqdefault.jpg

I'm not a boat guy or a nautical guy so I will go with 5 or 6 and prefer 6. At the risk of it being close to a Pan homage I'd love to see a sandwich dial of some kind with the lume on the lowest level. Maybe a little more beefy lugs depending on the case size...what is the case size??

Number 5 sure seems to be a big hit. I agree. Their all nice in their own right.
If you send me a model I would sure love to do a review on it!

top choice is #5. Second would be #6. Kinda don't care for the wood look at all.

Back
Top Bottom