New guy from Texas

mley1

Tyme Watcher
Hello everyone, Marty Ley from Texas here. Even though I'm 54, I'm rather new to watch collecting. So far I have 3 Seiko's, a couple Casio, and a Victorinox on the way. I look forward to learning more about watches from you. Thanks for having me here.

Welcome to Our Forum Marty!:jump:

...& Thanx for Joining!:good:

Welcome aboard Marty!
Glad to have you join us. Lots of various watch collectors here to make you feel right at home.
Post often and enjoy your time here.

Welcome! I also started around that age.

Hello Marty! Welcome to WIT! Better buy a few large watch cases if you're going to hang around here! :lol:

iu

Welcome Marty! It's great to have you here. I look forward to your input and insight. Enjoy!

Greetings, and salutations! Welcome aboard, Marty! It's great to have you with us. Come on in, get comfortable, and enjoy the company of a lot of fine folks who love watches. ENJOY, my friend!:cheers:

Howdy, Marty, and welcome to WatchinTyme, a site that I regularly refer to as a warm, well-lighted and safe place to enjoy this wonderful obsession of ours. With so many sites out there that are driven by dislike, and even outright hatred of a given brand or segment of the watch-collecting community, you've come to a place where the only agenda is to enjoy the hobby as much as we can without any angst to spoil it. That doesn't mean that we give a pass to those firms that sell junk or take advantage of their buyers' naiveté; it simply means that we have an open mind about the watches our members bring to our attention, and we don't ever go on the warpath against someone whose tastes don't coincide with our own. In other words, you'll find no grindstones here, much less any axes to go with them.

FWIW, I think I was 51 when I started with this "watch thing," so don't feel like you're some sort of old fogy here -- Wambo has that honor pretty much wrapped up... :)lol:) All kidding aside, it sounds like you're well on your way to being an excellent, thoughtful collector, given the brands you've obtained thus far. And while I try never to ask our newer members for any favors, please, if you would, let us know how things go with your new Victorian Ox; that's definitely one of those brands -- like Revue Thommen, Zeno & H2O -- that I'm very interested in picking up, but have yet to 'pull the trigger' on. (And PIX are, of course, very encouraged, too! :))

So again, welcome to WIT! Post early, post often, and never forget that we're very happy to have you in the WIT family... :hat: :jump: :hat:

Hello everyone, Marty Ley from Texas here. Even though I'm 54, I'm rather new to watch collecting. So far I have 3 Seiko's, a couple Casio, and a
Victorinox
on the way. I look forward to learning more about watches from you. Thanks for having me here.

Welcome, Marty !!!
Don't feel bad.....I didn't enter into the hobby of watch collecting until I was 59.
And I'm still trying to catch up !!!

We have a great bunch of very knowledgeable folks here who are more than willing to share their vast library of information with those of us that ask. You'll move through the learning curve quickly. And there is always something new to learn.

Thanks for the warm welcome gentlemen. For most of my life I've more or less considered a watch nothing more than a tool. I wore mostly Timex's that I could buy cheaply from Walmart. When they quit or got destroyed, I'd go buy another and trash the non working one. About 6-8yrs ago, I can't really remember, I bought a Gshock. That thing has been a warrior. It's been through some knocks and scrapes. I'm a corrections officer. I retired from TDCJ back in 2013 with nearly 31yrs of service, took a year off, and went back to double dip in 2014. I now have a bit over 36yrs with the agency. In my line of work watches sometimes take a beating. So, the Gshock was a natural choice. Now that I'm a bit older, I'm getting into better grade watches. I like Seiko, and have a couple divers, plus a Seiko 5 Limited Edition. I'm using my Casio's for beaters. The Victorinox that's incoming is an Officers 125 model with the silver face, and SS bracelet. It's a discontinued model that I found on a site fairly inexpensive. If I like it well enough I suspect I'll be getting more Vic's. Their new INOX models are claiming to be very tough, going through 130 different tests. If they're as tough as they say they are, they'll fit right in where I work. Besides being tough, the Vic's have some great styling. I never thought I'd care about styling. Shucks, at 54 I'm a bald headed middle aged fella with a bit of a gut on him. So, style and fashion really hasn't crossed my mind to often, but by gosh those Vic's look nice to me. So, they're on my short list of watches I'll be going after.

Thanks again for the warm welcome. I'll try to post some pics when I get a chance.

Marty

Marty,

Welcom to the forum, a great place with a ton of knowledge! Sounds like your putting together a really nice collection. I too work in corrections and a Gshock certainly holds its own. In any event, welcome & enjoy!

Bob

Welcome Marty and I didn't start wearing watches till in my mid-50's either.

Welcome Marty!

Always glad to have another Seiko guy on board!

Enjoy the forum.

I recommend Lee's Picks of the Day if you are interested in the absolute best watch deals around on a daily basis. And most of us really enjoy posting our watch pics in On the Wrist Today.....Just a couple of ways to get into the flow here.....

Back
Top Bottom