Second watch of 2019 and possibly the score of the year!

johnro6659

Tyme Machine
Had to go to the mall to renew my EZ Pass and of course there is a TJ Maxx in the mall and of course I had to go thru it to get to the EZ Pass office.
Most of the watches are really picked thru nothing really left. I saw this one in the women's clearance case and asked to see it. I have looked at these before and to me they really feel cheesy as hell even though the brand is a very good brand.

Luminox Men's 3051.L Navy Seal Colormark Black with Orange highlights.

View attachment 18101

View attachment 18102

View attachment 18103

View attachment 18113

View attachment 18105

View attachment 18106

View attachment 18107

View attachment 18108

View attachment 18109

View attachment 18110

What these sold for before clearance!
View attachment 18111

WHAT I PAID!!!!
View attachment 18112
IMO this was mis priced and I did bring it to the saleswoman's attention. She said "if that what the tag says that's the price, do you want it or not" Didn't have to twist my arm!

I have seen these several times but for the price and the way they feel I could not justify paying that kind of money for a plastic watch but there was no way I was going to pass it up for 36 bucks!

They're not just plastic they're carbon re-enforced polycarbonate. tough , durable, hard to scratch, and you stole the thing. Big congrats

ImpoliteLawfulAmericancurl-max-1mb.gif

tenor.gif

What a sweet deal on a Luminox, the orange/black combo is awesome! Nice score for 2019, thanks for sharing the great photos!

Now that is a DEAL!!! :outstand:

Great score on that Luminox, Congrats!!

What a steal! And three days in to 2019 and you’ve got two additions! What I say in your last post? 182 watches this year? One every other day? Lol

Holy crap that’s a great price!! Even if you don’t decide to keep it you could flip it for one heck of a profit. Congrats all the way around

You certainly did everything you were supposed to do -- morally speaking -- when you're not sure of the price, so not only did you pick up an uber great deal, you needn't feel like you stole something to get it! Indeed, I personally feel like those low-priced tags were a much-deserved reward in your case. And all of the orange and black together look stew-pend-us! :wink:

The only down-check with me -- and it's something of a USN service-related nit-pickiness, on my part, to be sure -- is the USN SEAL warfare device, etched onto the case-back. The Navy SEALs are a very tight, almost cloistered USN community, and the wearing of their warfare device, without one's having gone through their amazingly rigorous and mentally-difficult training program, is a huge taboo amongst the Teams, a taboo they take very seriously. They even have an online group of current & former SEALs who track down and expose those who claimed to be SEALs but never actually went through the training pipeline nor served anywhere with the Teams. (Of course, this is not an organization that has any official capacity to sanction the would-be SEAL, but they certainly CAN and WILL embarrass the heck out of someone they discover posing as a current or former Navy SEAL.)

But, you ask, does wearing this watch, with the warfare device engraved onto the case-back, constitute the overt fakery associated with being an ersatz 'snake-eater' or 'mud-dweller?' No, not at all, unless the wearer makes it a habit of taking the watch off, pointing out the case-back, passing it around, and then claiming to be a Navy SEAL. Now, I'm pretty sure that no one in our WIT membership would DO such a thing, but I worry about the one-in-fiddy-thousand elsewhere who would; hence, this overlong treatise... :)

ANYHOW, with all of that said, I do hope you'll enjoy the H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks out of these LUMI's for many months & years to come! :wink:

T.J.Maxx price tags.

TJ-Maxx-Price-Tags.png

Alright, this one can get confusing, so saddle up.

When looking at a T.J.Maxx price tag, the number in the square at the top, right corner represents the month the item came in (1-24 on a 2-year cycle). The last two digits of the clearance price sticker represent the week the item was marked down.

In the above photo, both items arrived in month 20, but one received a markdown in week 32, the other more recently in week 36. In this case, you can take the week 32 tag to customer service and ask ever so nicely if they can scan the item to see if it missed a markdown.

When they scan the item with their handheld scanner, a new red tag should print out with a lower price.

T.J.Maxx price markdowns are not automatically added into the store’s system. So if an item doesn’t have the correct discount sticker, the price will not automatically adjust at checkout.

Back
Top Bottom